Director of Growth Strategy & Operations
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Director, Growth Strategy & Operations to join our Sales team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the Role:
The Director, Growth Strategy & Operations works closely with members of Oscar’s sales, strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, plan design, marketing, and network teams to run, analyze and optimize growth and retention strategies across all of Oscar’s lines of business.
You will report into the SVP, Growth.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our Los Angeles (Marina del Rey) office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $158,400-$207,900 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $142,560-$187,110 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Manage a high performing and collaborative growth strategy & operations team
- Develop expertise in the provider and payer competitive landscape across 30+ markets and be the voice-of-the-business in executive level conversations
- Lead the annual growth roadmap / vitals, Open Enrollment growth strategy and operational readiness
- Cross functional responsibilities for new products, markets tied to growth strategy and execution
- Drive the supplemental product line growth strategy & relationship management
- Lead distribution budgeting and analysis by appropriately balancing growth and profitability
- Drive growth reporting and dashboarding to proactively highlight growth opportunities / iterations to the growth strategy
- Build consensus and drive the strategy execution among cross-functional teams
- Develop business cases and models for all growth initiatives and drive the decision making process across cross-functional teams
- Drive sales enablement and efficiency via the optimization of the sales CRM and integrations with quoting and enrollment platforms
- Lead the broker compensation, internal commission, and contracting function to ensure ease of doing business
- Synthesize and present Sales-wide strategy and activity to executive leadership
- Drive growth through the inside sales and national broker channels
- Consistently assess new and innovative growth opportunities
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing, operations, & distribution experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a sales or sales operations teams
- Master’s degree in business administration
- Health insurance experience with a deep understanding of distribution strategy
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.