Growth Operations Analyst (Broker)
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Growth Operations Analyst (Broker) to join our Sales Operation team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Growth Operations Analyst will work within Oscar's Broker Operations team to manage key processes that power Oscar's Broker distribution network, including broker appointments, licensing, producer adjustments, producer investigations and commissions reconciliations.
As an Analyst, you will be the subject matter expert within the team on workflows and best practices, and you'll use your expertise to partner closely with other teams to provide insight to support designing new tools and procedures.
You will report to the Sr Manager, Growth Operations.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $60,000 - $78,750 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $54,000 - $70,875 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, and monthly vacation accrual at a rate of 10 days per year.
- Execute successful completion of key sales operations process, such as broker appointments, licensure, or commissions reconciliations for one of Oscar's core Lines of Business
- Support the development of workflows, tools, and operating procedures that increase efficiency
- Train other team members on workflows, issue resolution, communication best practices
- Surface and escalate process issues through proactive identification and monitoring
- Utilize internal tools to run SQL queries and pull data from databases
- Support the Sales, Growth Operations and Broker Support teams with resolving escalated service and regulatory issues
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to support Oscar's best-in-class producer experience
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders within Sales, Broker Support, and other internal teams as a representative of Broker Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of work experience in an operations role at a healthcare, insurance, or financial organization
- 2+ years experience supporting building operational workflows, training, or leading cross functional projects
- 1+ years of experience working with Google sheets, Excel, and databases
- A bachelor degree, associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in tech, healthcare, audit, or management consulting
- Experience writing and running SQL queries
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.