Senior Data Scientist, AI
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Data Scientist, AI to join our Data team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the Role:
As a Senior Data Scientist, AI, you will partner closely with our Product, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop workflows and insights that make it easy for teams across Oscar to leverage AI. You will build and deploy AI applications to explore and productionalize new use cases and to increase Oscar's operational efficiency. You will leverage LLMs and other advanced AI models to automate and augment existing time-consuming or error-prone workflows. Example applications include summarizing calls from members, extracting structured data from contracts and medical charts, and helping users navigate our provider directory. This work will lead to improved member experience, increased efficiency and lower costs for our members.
You will report into a Director of Data Science.
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
This is a hybrid role in our Los Angeles (Marina del Rey) office. You will work part of the time in the office and part of the time remote / work-from-home. #LI-Hybrid
The base pay for this role is $158,400-$207,900 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, company equity grants, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
You must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Oscar will not sponsor applicants for this role.
- Evaluate potential use cases for feasibility of AI solutions
- Work with stakeholders and product managers to refine requirements and success metrics
- Prepare training data for model tuning and testing
- Engineer prompts and optimize to improve model performance
- Test models at scale in collaboration with engineering teams
- Report on overall ROI and produce recommendations for productionization
- Execute productionalization of models, both vendored and in-house
- A master's degree in a technical field and 4+ years of experience deploying machine learning models in production OR a bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience
- Proficiency in SQL, R, and/or Python to query, manipulate and analyze data
- Experience with prompt engineering
- Experience working with and presenting to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience training a LLM or deep neural network
- Experience in the healthcare, finance and/or insurance industries
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.