Operations Analytics Associate
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Operations Analytics Associate to join our Service Ops Business Intelligence team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Operations Analytics Associate is a critical role within the Operations Intelligence organization. You will be responsible for supporting an assigned department, acting as an extension of their team and building subject expertise within that assigned space.
You will work on the most complex analytical requests / initiatives supporting their stakeholders including building robust dashboards, scoping and bringing analyses to execution, and ensuring stakeholders have the right metrics and business insights to run their business.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Operations Intelligence
Oscar is a blended work culture where everyone, regardless of work type or location, feels connected to their teammates, our culture and our mission.
If you live within commutable distance to our New York City office ( in Hudson Square), our Tempe office (off the 101 at University Ave), or our Los Angeles office (in Marina Del Rey), you will be expected to come into the office at least two days each week. Otherwise, this is a remote / work-from-home role.
You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $98,000 - $129,000 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $88,000 - $116,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar’s unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Serve as the data Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the organization for your stakeholders, driving data literacy and enhancing accessibility across teams with your knowledge of data analytics, complex SQL querying, and building data models.
- Lead the development and refinement of advanced operational and analytical dashboards, utilizing advanced data visualization tools / techniques to meet complex and evolving stakeholder requirements.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, managing their requests and facilitating communication and understanding of complex data initiatives; you keep your stakeholders informed on timelines and roadblocks, working actively through problems with them.
- Utilize advanced analytics to discover, quantify, and propose actionable insights / impactful recommendations for improvement opportunities for growth and efficiency initiatives.
- Ensure data governance best practices are developed and followed consistently in adherence to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Be a champion of a data driven culture within the organization!
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in data analysis or 4+ years of commensurate experience in data analysis or closely related field
- 4+ years of proven expertise in SQL and other data manipulation languages
- 3+ years delivering analytical support to business units, working with Stakeholders to provide data and analysis to drive decisions
- 2+ years of experience with visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Periscope)
- Direct experience with Periscope, BigQuery, Looker, and python
- Healthcare, Clinical Informatics, or Insurance experience
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.