Bilingual LCSW, Virtual Primary Care
Hi, we're Oscar Medical Group. We're hiring a LCSW to join our Virtual Primary Care Team.
At Oscar Medical Group, we are refactoring healthcare. We want to help each of our members achieve their healthcare goals in a personalized way. To help us achieve that goal we are looking for innovative leaders who think big and push boundaries to refactor healthcare and the healthcare delivery system.
About the role:
You will provide direct patient care to a panel of Oscar Primary Care patients with Primary Care Providers (PCPs) under the collaborative care model, to deliver high quality, evidence-based, integrated behavioral health care in an integrated primary care setting. LMHP works as a core member of a collaborative primary care team that involves the patient's primary care provider, a psychiatric consultant (i.e. psych nurse practitioner) and a behavioral health coordinator (i.e non-licensed team member) in the primary care clinic. You will report into our Behavioral Health Program Supervisor, under the direction of the Oscar Primary Care Medical Director.
You will report into the Supervisor, Integrated Behavioral Health Program.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, or Virginia. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role is: $64,000 - $84,000 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, and annual vacation grant of up to 18 days per year and annual performance bonuses.
- Manage a panel of patients with mild to moderate behavioral health conditions in close collaboration with the primary care provider (200-250 per month for 1.0 FTE = 40 hrs / week)
- Provide brief interventions using evidence-based techniques such as Behavioral Activation, Problem-Solving Treatment, Motivational Interviewing, or other treatments appropriate for primary care settings.
- Support psychotropic medication management prescribed by PCPs, focusing on treatment adherence, side effects and other complications, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Perform assessments, and brief, short-term treatment interventions to patients meeting program criteria
- Work with medical assistants, behavioral health coordinators and PCPs to improve, promote, and support care plans
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations so they can be easily shared with PCPs, the psychiatric consultant, and other treating providers
- Facilitate treatment plan changes and/or referrals for patients not improving/progressing or needing a higher level of care
- Participate in ongoing care collaboration, through team-based case conferences, maintaining a patient registry, electronic communication channels, and with provider partners.
- Additional responsibilities may include presenting on behavioral health topics at staff meetings, and covering for the supervisor in clinical support of non-licensed staff when needed.
- LCSW with 2+ years of outpatient work experience
- Competency with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation, Problem Solving Treatment).
- Spanish language fluency (read, write, and speak without the use of translation service)
- Must be licensed in TX
- Experience in an integrated primary care setting
- Screening skills, assessment, and knowledge for common mental health and substance use disorders
- Basic awareness and familiarity of psychopharmacology for common mental health disorders
- Willingness to obtain licensure in current + expansion states if not licensed (CT, FL, OK, TX, GA, NY, CA)
- Understand primary care pace and focus on patient access
- Understanding of Counseling Compact licensing requirements in 2024
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?