Senior Manager of Provider Relations Optimization
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Senior Manager to join our Member Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform and a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselves—one that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Provider Relations of Optimization will develop the department’s strategy, managing their team members, developing and implementing an operating plan for improving efficiency, developing experience projects and ensuring the achievement of departmental performance metrics. You will lead Optimization teams to strategize and implement a portfolio of projects and processes that span across Provider Services. You will have end-to-end oversight and management of detailed requirements and analysis of current state, joint solution design with all partners, solution development oversight in partnership with the Product Team counterparts, implementation, and post-implementation run state monitoring.
You will report to the Director of Optimization.
This is a remote / work-from-home role. You must reside in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, or Washington, D.C. Note, this list of states is subject to change. #LI-Remote
The base pay for this role in the states of California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Washington is: $132,000 - $173,250 per year. The base pay for this role in all other locations is: $118,800 - $155,925 per year. You are also eligible for employee benefits, participation in Oscar's unlimited vacation program and annual performance bonuses.
- Analyze and implement projects to meet Service Operations goals within our Provider Services Operations
- Evaluate the efficiency and productivity of business operations and develop strategies for improvements
- Evaluate overall Service Operations performance by creating, gathering, analyzing and interpreting data
- Identify opportunities and implement plans to improve the experience of Oscar’s external partners (Providers)
- Embed process improvement philosophy and skill within Service Operations.
- Manage relationships to lead multi department collaboration
- Create and scale teams when needed, including creation of measurements and workflows
- Align departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
- Work with Operations teams to scope, design and manage operation roadmaps, measurement definitions, detailed work plans, resource management, budget and timelines
- Analyze project risks, develop recommendations for risk mitigation and communicate mitigation options to management and the business
- Be proficient in how to deploy the team’s technical toolkit to solve operational challenges
- Analyze complex data sets to understand the best opportunities for optimization and self-service functionality within the Provider Services space
- Work with important partners across the organization to set the foundation for overall Provider Experience at Oscar.
- Implement and lead important process improvements to develop solutions that improve the efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities through technology and automated solutions
- Build relationships with important partners (such as Product, Engineering and Data Teams) by communicating and delivering projects on time and with high quality.
- Introduce tools, best practices and systems to support more efficient technical program management and execution
- Lead team to ensure successful execution and supporting their professional and personal success through development.
- 5+ years of process-oriented/data driven environment with experience in managing, driving and overseeing projects (lean operations, project management)
- 4+ years of leadership experience
- 1+ year experience with Provider Services operations
- 2+ years experience using data to improve programs
- 2+ years experience delivering projects independently and within a team environment
- 2+ years experience implementing enterprise-wide programs: defined project plans, coordinated resources, managed implementation activities, and developed all processes associated with program rollout and ongoing support
- 6+ months of experience managing the strategy for product development
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years commensurate experience.
- PMP/Lean Six Sigma certification
- Healthcare or health insurance experience
- Data management, platform tools and automation experience
- Metrics-driven approach, always guiding partners towards ‘zero defects’
This is an authentic Oscar Health job opportunity. Learn more about how you can safeguard yourself from recruitment fraud here.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives..
Final offer amounts, within the base pay set forth above, are determined by factors including your relevant skills, education, and experience.
Full-time employees are eligible for benefits including: medical, dental, and vision benefits, 11 paid holidays, paid sick time, paid parental leave, 401(k) plan participation, life and disability insurance, and paid wellness time and reimbursements.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Something looks off?