Lead Product Designer
Onward is building the first financial platform for the modern family. We're a highly mission driven organization looking to solve unaddressed pain points for the 50M+ co-parents with separate finances (divorced, separated, blended families, etc.) and build products that enable them and their children to thrive. Our financial platform will redefine how co-parents plan, spend, and save for their children - enabling transparency, healthy communication, and access to capital. This is a unique opportunity to join a well funded and rapidly growing start-up with top-tier VCs (Lerer Hippeau, Citi Ventures, and TTV Capital) and be an integral part of the company’s success!
Our current product, the Onward app, is an expense tracking platform that enables co-parents to easily see who is spending what for the children, pay each other back, and streamline the often tense communication around shared finances. Going forward, we plan to expand on our existing product by integrating connected debit cards, savings, and loan products that redefine how co-parents plan, spend, and save for their children.
- Help define strategy, objectives and set the vision for the user experience
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers and Growth to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions and launch new products and services
- Lead User Research to identify consumer pain points, motivations and goals
- You’re a problem solver, quick study, self starter and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it
- Naturally inquisitive and curious and can take the lead in ambiguous situations
- 6+ years of work experience with a focus on mobile design
- Experience in customer journey mapping and strategic design thinking to complement design foundations
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present work to executives
- Desire to push yourself and intrinsic motivation to consistently grow and uplevel your skills
- Highly skilled in Figma, wireframing and proto-typing
- Previous experience in a consumer-focused tech organization and/or FinTech experience is a plus