Founding UX Designer
On Me Gifting
We’re a team of former Google / Apple employees who recently raised 1.7m from top tier VCs including Lerer Hippeau, Focal.VC, and Mastercard. We’re building a whole new type of tool for gift giving: media heavy personalized digital gifts centered around our hobbies and interests that work at multiple brands associated with their category. You can check out our MVP at onme.com!
We’ve completed a huge amount of primary research and we are confident the future of digital gifting lies in the intersection of media rich experience with Video, Images, and Gifs alongside versatile digital gifts that empower consumers with choice. We ran a successful MVP over the past number of months and had an incredible reception from brands and users. In 2024, we’ll be working on building the next iteration of our product which will offer even more personalization and flexibility for gift givers and recipients!
You will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact and shape the future of our company. We offer an engaging work environment in our beautiful SF office, competitive salary range of $90-130,000, and a significant equity stake.Job Summary
As the Founding Designer, you will be the driving force behind crafting unparalleled user experiences, embodying a design ethos that is akin to the “Apple” way—user-centric, clean, and intuitive. In this leadership role, you will not only oversee all aspects of the user experience and design elements but also play a critical role in establishing the strategic direction of our product alongside our CEO. We are looking for a visionary, someone with a deep understanding of consumers and a desire to meet and exceed their needs in a space that has long been overlooked.Key Responsibilities
- Oversee all user experience and design aspects of the product.
- Holistic design implementation across the whole product from creating delightful gifting moments to eCommerce funnel performance.
- Establish and implement design and UX standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product, Marketing, and Engineering, to define and implement the user experience.
- Translate user insights into design concepts and user-friendly interfaces.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a future design team, fostering a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Work closely with the CEO to align the product’s design with the company's strategic goals.
- Partner with Marketing and Growth teams to create compelling customer acquisition strategies and marketing collateral.
- Provide thought leadership by contributing subject matter expertise in all areas of design, including trends, best practices, and new tools/technologies.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects to ensure timely and effective delivery.
- 4+ years of experience in a design-focused role.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your abilities in UX/UI design.
- Proficient with design software and UX toolkits, we currently use Figma extensively. Skills in Photoshop and relevant products from within the Adobe Suite.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong eye for aesthetic design and user-centered design principles.
- Willingness to work in-person at our San Francisco office.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Experience working on an eCommerce or B2C product.
- Relevant degree in Design, Interaction Design, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a UX designer.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a history of creating user-centered design solutions.
- Experience leading and mentoring a design team.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey design concepts and strategies to stakeholders at all levels.
- Exceptional visual and interaction design skills.
- Knowledge of the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- A competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company.
- A dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive work culture.
- Opportunity to shape the company's design and product direction.
- An office in SF SOMA with the option to work remotely.
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Join us at On Me and play an integral role in our journey to strengthen relationships through magical gifting experiences. If you're ready to contribute to a team that values ambition, collaboration, and the joy of tackling an exciting challenge, we'd love to hear from you.