Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
As the Site Reliability Engineer on the Core Platform team at Ollie, you will be responsible for making sure that our systems are fast, efficient, observable and always accessible. You will be participating in our agile process to help design, implement, deploy, and maintain system health, architecture and 3rd party integrations. You will set and create the service level indicators that help in optimizing and streamlining the system. You will help in identifying and fixing system bottlenecks and performance issues as well as implementing improvements and optimizations to support the growth of Ollie. You will work closely with development operations to streamline deployment processes and strengthen running systems. You will learn from your fellow engineers while using best practices to contribute, making all our lives as engineers more pleasurable.
This position is great for you if you are a curious, collaborative, and open-minded engineer. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small team environment and is excited to learn from teammates in a collaborative environment. You have helped build and used many APIs before and know the pitfalls and challenges involved with supporting and scaling them in the real world. You are someone who loves delivering a reliable and performant product.
This role is based remotely within the U.S. and will report to the Platform Tech Lead.
- Professional experience building API systems in Python, including technologies such as REST, OAuth2 and integrations with 3rd party services using REST APIs and JSON
- Professional experience in helping scale and optimize both realtime and task based systems including creating and monitoring SLIs & SLOs
- Professional experience with AWS
- Professional use and in depth understanding of a relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) including SQL language.
- Professional experience with Docker/Containerization
- Experience with using version control (git, svn, etc.)
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Strong technical knowledge and deep understanding of time/maintainability/quality trade-offs
- Self-starter, positive and excited to work with a small dedicated team
- Passionate about using technology to streamline business processes
- Dog Parent or Lover
- Interest in or understanding of e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Django
- Experience with DataDog
- Experience with Sentry
- Experience documenting tools and processes
- Open source community contributor
What you’ll get
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.