Monument is an online platform for those looking to change their relationship with alcohol. We connect members to a free anonymous community, therapist-led groups and a collection of resources to provide the support and information they deserve. Members seeking medical treatment are introduced to a licensed physician and a specialized therapist to develop a personalized treatment plan specific to their goals. Monument is affordable, accessible, and research-based, so a healthy relationship with alcohol is attainable and celebrated by all.
Monument is seeking a Board-Certified Addictionologist that currently resides in the state of Iowa to provide care for patients interested in changing their relationship with alcohol. As a vital member of the care team, you will have the opportunity to engage with members actively looking to gain more out of life by drinking less; this will be accomplished through individual video-based telemedicine appointments. Ideal candidates will be seeking flexible, supplemental work and hold other states licenses in addition to Iowa.
This is an independent contractor role, and is performed remotely through our proprietary HIPAA-compliant video chat and EMR platform.
What You'll Do:
- Provide high-quality clinical care utilizing best practices set forth by Monument’s medical advisors
- Evaluate patient records, diagnose, and prescribe medication when safe and appropriate
- Provide lifestyle recommendations to patients related to substance use-specific goals
- Input notes and all other relevant information into Monument’s proprietary EMR
- Communicate and partner with other members of the patients’ care team to properly coordinate care
- Unrestricted MD or DO licensure in Iowa.
- Candidates for this role will need to reside in the State of Iowa
- Board certification in Addiction Medicine is required
- 1+ years of experience working with patients looking to change their relationship with alcohol (or another substance)
- Experience with and understanding of FDA-approved medication options for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Knowledge of SUD DSM criteria
- Strong clinical skills and the ability to show empathy
- Reliable internet connection and computer with video capabilities
- Must reside in the United States
Monument is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We nurture authenticity. The current team includes sober people, parents, queer people, single parents, nonbinary folks, men, women, and more.