Executive Assistant to the CEO
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Right away, we’ve listed what we think you’ll be spending your time on. We’re growing fast, and growth means the challenges we’ll work on together will change as we lead Loop through new and different phases.
This is an indispensable role with us, so we’ll be looking for you to have examples of when you’ve tackled these challenges throughout your career. We’ve laid out the experience we think is important to set you up for success in this role. But, we appreciate that different humans will solve problems in different ways, so we don’t expect you to fit exactly in a box of requirements.
Loop HQ is a state-of-the-art office located in Columbus, Ohio, and more than half of our team works remotely across the United States and Canada. For this role, you can expect to join us in the Columbus office three days a week.
What You'll Do:
- Optimize our CEO’s time by ruthlessly prioritizing his calendar and commitments.
- Re-prioritize when needed, causing as little disruption and distraction as possible.
- Help all humans who interact with our CEO feel like they’re valued, even (and especially!) when you need to say “no” or push back.
- Collaborate with our CEO to create the most effective frameworks to organize his work, commitments and calendar.
- Proactively propose new solutions when you see that those systems are no longer working effectively.
- Ensure that our CEO always meets or exceeds the SLAs for his commitments and communications.
- Help the meetings our CEO attends be as valuable as possible by: Facilitating the preparation work (communicating the purpose of the meeting, creating the agenda, gathering any preparation materials); Scribing the meeting; Sending out commitments to owners afterward
- Partner with other senior leaders to provide administrative support for key meetings: Board meetings; Quarterly business reviews; Strategic planning; Alignment and prioritization meetings; Meetings with key customers
- Draft email communications on behalf of the CEO.
- Coordinate executive leadership team meetings by organizing travel, logistics, venues, food, etc.
- Support our CEO with various personal assistant tasks.
- Own ad-hoc projects as assigned by our CEO.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, supporting a CEO and/or COO.
- Experience in a VC-backed and/or high growth SaaS company would be a huge plus for us.
- You’re excited to go into our HQ (in Columbus, OH) at least 3 days a week.
- You’re able to occasionally work outside of standard hours, and are able to provide your own transportation to complete any needed tasks.
- Communication is your superpower - you should impress others with your style, thoroughness and frequency of communication through email, call, video, chat, you name it!
- Even the smallest of details don’t pass by you. Your coworkers have described you as more organized and detailed than all others.
- Experience tackling ambiguous special projects - you can take an idea and turn it into action.
- You’ve created noteworthy relationships with your internal and external partners, and earned yourself a reputation of being one of their favorite people to work with.
- You have a tried and true, high-touch method for keeping the CEO’s schedule moving smoothly in a remote-first environment.
- You operate with a high level of agency, and are comfortable navigating ambiguity to make sound decisions.
- Have been accountable for confidential and sensitive information, and handled it flawlessly.
- Proven experience picking up new tools quickly and becoming a self-sufficient power user. Some of our CEO’s current favorites include: Reflect, Superhuman, Otter.AI
- You have examples of having uncomfortable conversations, such as pushing back, giving feedback and admitting a mistake with humility and vulnerability.
In a perfect world, Loop wouldn't exist. If we had our way, we'd live in a world where we're mindful about how we consume, we love every product we own, and we share values with the brands who create them. In reality, commerce isn't perfect and often breaks. Loop creates second chances.
We're starting by revolutionizing the post-purchase experience. We've taken one of the most fragile commerce interactions - returns - and turned it into something consumers actually love, and that deepens our connection to brands and products.
We take connection seriously on the inside, too. We're building a work experience that allows you to Be A Human First and prioritizes empathy and wellbeing. We view Loop as a special place in your career to shape the future of an industry and become a better person while doing it. You can grow faster here in a shorter amount of time - we'll give you space and trust you to fill it.
Learn more about us here: https://loopreturns.com/careers.
You can review our privacy notice here.