Lead, Medical Administrative Assistant
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
We are seeking a compassionate and organized Lead, Medical Admin Assistant (Lead, Care Concierge) to join our team here in our NYC Office. This successful candidate will be responsible for serving as the lead representative of the Care Concierge. Our Care Concierge focuses on assisting patients and their families to navigate the healthcare system and access the resources they need. This includes registering patients, coordinating appointments, providing information about treatment options, providing customer support and supporting clinicians in providing high quality, efficient care. In addition to those responsibilities, the lead will be responsible for assisting with training existing Care Concierge on new processes and onboarding new Care Concierge. Lastly, they will serve as a liaison between the Practice manager and the Care Concierge.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist practice manager in training new care concierge and also in training existing care concierge on new processes/features
- Demonstrate Product Expertise
- Represent interests and concerns of all Care Concierge
- Serve as expert in all Care Concierge tasks which includes
- Act as a liaison between patients, clinical operations and healthcare providers
- Establish close relationships with and serve as primary point of contact for patients
- Build relationships with different types of people, including clients, organization members, and health care providers
- Coordinate appointments and schedule follow-up visits
- Conduct intake assessment, needs assessment, treatment planning, and reassessment services
- Provide information about treatment options and resources
- Communicate with Care Team members (Care Coordinators, primary care physicians and other health care providers) to facilitate client care
- Connect patients with support services, such as financial assistance programs
- Assist with insurance claims and appeals
- Register patients
- Keep detailed records of patient interactions and progress
- Initiate outreach and missed appointment procedures, as necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA policies
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Commitment to the mission of care coordination
- Passionate, trustworthy, and empathetic when working with clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to speak concisely to clients and Care Team members
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle sensitive information with confidentiality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing client and health care providers’ needs
- Experience working in healthcare or a related field is preferred
- Experience working in Epic or other EMRs is preferred
- Account management experience
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate's or bachelor's degree in healthcare or a related field is preferred
- This role is hourly, below compensation is the suggested annual gross pay.
- This role will be in office ( NYC or Central NJ)
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 18 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
- 9 company holidays and 6 3-day weekends
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.