Director of Clinic Performance
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
K Health seeks a versatile Director of Clinic Performance pivotal in stabilizing and expanding health system partnerships, responsible for leading team development, process establishment, and tool investment for clinic scaling.
This role demands adaptability, overseeing day-to-day operations while strategizing effectively, managing practice managers, and fostering cross-functional collaboration with Medical, Product, and Shared Services.
You will be crafting KPIs and collaborating with the Medical Director, this role necessitates a deep understanding of users, clinical processes, and company initiatives to support roadmap development, financial plans, and successful outcomes. The ideal candidate excels in problem-solving, prioritizes people management, and acts as a liaison across departments, thriving in dynamic environments by seamlessly transitioning from strategy to execution and fostering team growth.
What you'll do:
- Grow, develop, and manage several health system partnerships
- Develop robust infrastructure, including processes and KPIs, and successfully implement them to drive accountable execution
- You will be the direct manager of three practice managers
- You will be the business owner of patient wait times, patient experience, and number of patients seen, and other practice performance metrics
- Collaborate with clinics and the product team
- Work with shared services to ensure the clinics are properly staffed and trained to handle future growth
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years in scaling and managing an operations
- MBA, MHA, or other advanced degree
- Creative thinker with strong business acuity
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, ability to influence
- Consistently deliver unparalleled service, never satisfied with the status quo
- Resourceful, natural ability to problem solve
- Diplomatic & managerial
- Detail oriented & data-driven
- Proven customer-centric leadership
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 18 vacation days, 5 sick days, and 2 personal days
- 9 company holidays and 6 3-day weekends
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.