Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
We are in search of a Senior Frontend Software Engineer with a strong background in ReactJS and extensive frontend development skills. The ideal candidate will possess substantial experience in ReactJS, frontend technologies, along with a track record of self-learning, motivation, and exceptional communication skills. Bonus points for prior experience in FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) or within the medical field.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, maintain, and optimize high-quality user interfaces using ReactJS and modern frontend technologies.
- Collaborate closely with design teams to translate UI/UX designs into functional user interfaces with an emphasis on usability and performance.
- Work in tandem with backend developers to integrate frontend components seamlessly into the overall application architecture.
- Implement best practices and patterns for frontend development, ensuring scalability, and maintainability of the codebase.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and optimize frontend applications to deliver an exceptional user experience.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in frontend development with a strong emphasis on ReactJS.
- Solid understanding of state management, data handling, and asynchronous programming in frontend applications.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and integrating frontend with backend services.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to evolving project requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across departments.
- Previous experience with FHIR or exposure to the medical field is a significant advantage.
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- 20 paid vacation days, 18 days sick leave, and 9 company holidays
- Hybrid work schedule with team meals and stocked fridges
- Commuter Benefits
- Community focused events
- Pension Plan
- Stipend per day for food
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Vocational Studies Fund
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.