Senior Software Engineer
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
Join our mission as a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer that will lead development and delivery of new features aimed at revolutionizing healthcare for the better. You will directly and meaningfully impact the experience of millions of people. With an engaged community of users, you'll then have opportunities to improve your work based on the feedback and data you've collected to help measure your success. We believe in constantly evolving and improving through user research, testing, iteration, and experimentation.
K Health is seeking engineers who have significant experience working on highly-scalable, distributed systems, building robust services that interface with internal and external service providers, and consuming/instrumenting big data for analytics and reporting. As an experienced engineer seeking an opportunity to help shape the future of one of the world's largest digital healthcare platforms, we hope you'll consider joining K Health!
What you'll be doing:
- Lead design and implementation of technical solutions for various initiatives, ensuring the system design meets scalability, performance, and security requirements
- Collaborate with product designers, product managers, and other software engineers to deliver customer facing features with high quality
- Work with team members to investigate design approaches, prototype technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Make critical engineering decisions considering risks, trade offs, and alternative solutions
- Drive continuous improvement in our software and development process within an agile development team
- Write automated unit and integrations test as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines, with a focus on DevOps and robust automation
- Spearhead investigations, production issues and bugs
- Identify tech debt before it becomes an issue and work with team to prioritize it appropriately
- Mentor other engineers and improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience building web/backend systems
- Experience in designing and developing services with APIs that are efficient, well-tested, and easy to maintain
- Experience with building APIs using GraphQL and Apollo Federation
- Proficiency in NodeJS and Typescript, experience with modern service frameworks such as NestJS and ExpressJS
- Experience with modern cloud technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, GCP/AWS suite
- Knowledge of full software development life cycle best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Strong problem solving and analytical/reasoning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven, ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to deliver with little supervision
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days, 5 sick days per year, and 10+ holidays
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.