Overnight Virtual Urgent Care Physician - Nationwide
Who we are:
K Health is venture-backed, fast-growing startup with a mission to use the power of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to get everyone access to higher quality healthcare at more affordable costs. We’re looking for mission driven individuals to join our team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities to build a better and healthier future.
Featured most recently in Forbes and Business Insider as a leading AI startup, K Health is a telehealth company that harnesses the power of technology to help provide the smartest digital healthcare platform to patients, hospital systems, and providers across the United States. Our AI powered application helps bring together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and anonymous medical data to provide the highest quality care to our patients. We offer a free symptom checker, 24/7 access to board-certified doctors, ability to refill prescriptions from your phone, and more. All within one application - no insurance or preauthorization required.
K Health was founded in 2016, and has partnered with visionary and leading hospital systems and providers such as Cedars-Sinai, Mayo Clinic, and Elevance Health. Join us on our mission to help provide better healthcare for less.
About the role:
K Health's physician team is scaling, and we are looking for board certified family physicians and emergency medicine physicians interested in joining K Health to provide urgent care and behavioral health care to millions of users! This position will be overnight shifts, and we are looking for clinicians who can commit 20-29 clinical hours per week with the potential for full-time.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide text-based and video-based, comprehensive clinical care that encompasses urgent care including behavioral health
- Educate patients on appropriate treatments and care plans for their health needs
- Prescribe medication and refills as appropriate
- Elevate remote care; provide compassionate and meaningful care
- Think on your feet to devise creative solutions to problems that arise or escalate, as appropriate
- Perform against challenging goals with a best-in-class team for the efficiency & quality of work
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of post residency work experience
- Licensed in California
- Board-Certified in Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine - comfort treating children 3+
- Experience working remotely in an Urgent Care / Acute Care setting
- Should be tech-savvy, proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and have telemedicine experience
- Clean background and medical malpractice history
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Remote
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Salaried position
- Work from anywhere in the US
We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
We are committed to maintaining the integrity of our hiring process and ensuring a safe environment for all candidates. All communication for job offers from K Health will come from email addresses ending in @khealth.com. K Health will never ask you to provide financial information about yourself during the recruitment process. We will never use personal email accounts or other domains for official correspondence. Our official job postings are only listed on our official website and reputable job boards. Be cautious of job offers from sources other than these platforms.