Senior NLP Researcher
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
Our data science team is looking for a strong researcher with proficiency in modern NLP methods, a passion for innovation and ingenuity in defining and turning theoretical problems into products.
In this role, you will utilize our unique textual clinical data to plan and build game-changing NLP based solutions that will provide immediate medical benefit for millions of people around the world. You will have an end to end responsibility for your models - from ideation and research to full productization and monitoring.
Collaborating in research and production environments, you must have proven experience in researching and developing machine learning algorithms and good interpersonal skills. We highly appreciate independent thinkers and doers.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the research and development of new product features backed by state of the art clinical AI
- Develop and advance our NLP algorithms to solve clinical problems improving the quality and efficiency of the patient’s medical resolution in interaction
- Integrate NLP algorithms with ML solutions tailored to a specific clinical need
- Design and build scalable and efficient pipelines for data preprocessing, information extraction, and model training
- Stay up-to-date with the latest NLP research and best practices, and integrate them into our products
- Communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical stakeholders
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of industry experience in researching NLP problems and implementing solutions using methods including Deep Learning approach (utilizing standard frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Hugging Face, etc.)
- M.Sc./PhD in Computer Science / Statistics / Engineering / Mathematics / Physics with applied focus on NLP / machine learning / deep learning or related fields
- Strong knowledge of Machine learning and statistical modeling
- Strong background in Python
- Experience in data exploration and visualization
- Technical skills in the higher end of the data science stack
- Fast learner, proven problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude, daring, curiosity and willingness to learn and teach
- Passion for medicine, health, wellbeing, and the desire to make a positive impact
- Advantage for experience with medical data, medical AI
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- 20 paid vacation days, 18 days sick leave, and 10 3-day weekends
- Hybrid work schedule with team meals and stocked fridges
- Commuter Benefits
- Community focused events
- Pension Plan
- Stipend per day for food
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Vocational Studies Fund
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.