Director of Engineering, Platform
Who we are:
K Health is a venture-backed, fast-growing start-up with a mission to use the power of shared knowledge to get everyone access to higher quality, more affordable health care. We’re looking for mission-driven individuals to join our growing team and help us eliminate healthcare inequalities and build a better, healthier future for us all.
Named as one of FastCompany's Most Innovative Health Companies of 2022 and to the 2021 CNBC Disruptor 50 list, K Health is using Artificial Intelligence (AI) to build the smartest digital healthcare platform in existence. Our data-driven app brings together the knowledge of thousands of doctors and the anonymous medical records of millions of people to help diagnose and treat what’s wrong. We offer a free symptom checker and 24/7 access to doctors to ask questions, refill prescriptions, get care for your kids, and more. Right from your phone—no insurance needed.
Since we were founded in 2016, K Health has raised over $270M in VC funding and our Series E funding round brought us to Unicorn status. Our current partners include the Mayo Clinic Platform, Anthem, and Maccabi Health Services.
About the role:
Join our mission as the Director of Platform Engineering and lead a highly skilled team of engineers who are revolutionizing healthcare through innovative infrastructure development. As a mentor and guide, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of AI powered affordable healthcare as you steer the core cloud platform and our continuous delivery infrastructure. With the opportunity to directly impact the growth of our business and how product is delivered in a secure, rapid, reliable and repeatable way, you'll own and execute the necessary roadmaps for success.
What you'll be doing:
- Join forces with product, data science, engineering, and security to develop and execute an Infrastructure strategy that balances investment in product advancements and technical initiatives
- Support a dual-sided business model that caters to both consumers and enterprise customers
- Develop and maintain infrastructure on GCP and Kubernetes
- Plan and execute long-term initiatives to help improve the safety, security, reliability, and cost of our infrastructure in the cloud
- Champion highly reliable and available infrastructures to meet critical SLAs or SLOs, and precisely gauge the business consequences of outages to drive timely responses and continuous improvements
- Work closely with engineering to develop new CD pipelines and capabilities to increase the quality and velocity of our product delivery
- Collaborate closely with security teams to ensure seamless integration of security measures into infrastructure operations and uplevel the overall security posture of the organization
What we're looking for:
- Experience working in the consumer tech space, healthcare a big plus
- Large-scale production systems (hundreds of millions in revenue)
- 10+ years of experience managing infrastructure in cloud environments
- Expertise in Infrastructure as Code (Helm, Terraform, Kubernetes Manifests)
- Understand Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Helm, NGINX, Gitlab, and associated monitoring tools (Datadog, Sentry, OpsGenie, Jira)
- Ability to lead a team of engineers and be hands-on as needed
- Solid understanding of HIPAA compliance
Benefits & Perks: #LI-Hybrid
- Hybrid work schedule with weekly lunches and stocked fridges
- Monthly social committees for company events
- 20 paid vacation days & 5 sick days per year
- 10+ Holidays plus 10 additional 3-day weekends per year
- Stock options for every full-time employee
- Paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Commuter Benefits
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance options
K Health offers competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, level, and geographic location. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.
We’re deeply committed to building teams as diverse as the patients we serve and strive to cultivate an environment where everyone can bring their most authentic self to work. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our users.
K Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, citizenship, military or veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Something looks off?