Senior Data Engineer II
This Senior Data Engineer II will be the top engineer in the Data Engineering group. This individual is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the infrastructure and architecture of efficient data processing and analytics platforms. This role will be working with big data technologies and cloud platforms like AWS and Snowflake. You will also work cross-functionally with Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Platform Engineers to ensure data quality, data actionability and system efficiency.
This person will also need to work with the offshore team to provide feedback and code reviews. Other responsibilities include monitoring data pipeline processes during on-call and post-production release. As a technical leader, you will work with the Director of Data Engineering to create data governance policies, improve existing Agile development processes, and mentor junior engineers.
- Data pipeline development. You will use Python to design and implement a series of big data solutions to expand/improve our existing customer data platform (CDP), helping to clean, import, transform, load and aggregate data based on various dimensions.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders, including technical and non-technical end users, and peers across different business function teams to drive the project completion. You will be able to handle priority conflicts and manage projects end to end.
- Manage Big Data solutions to ensure data availability and performance.
- Integrate data from various sources, both internal and external, to provide a unified view of the data landscape and integration to the backend CDP system.
- Improve the existing data observability system and implement real time audit and alert solutions for data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues to ensure the continuous availability of data.
- Utilize cloud platforms (AWS or other solutions) to actively explore opportunities to improve existing data integration processes to reduce cost and increase system efficiency.
- Develop data modeling architecture to support KPI reports/dashboards for game, marketing and monetization teams providing insights related to marketing efforts, consumer behavior, game engagement, and in-game interactions.
- Work in an Agile environment, collaborating clearly and effectively with cross-functional teams including data analysts, data scientists, producers, marketing teams and other business stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations on process improvement initiatives to management.
- BA/BS/MS degree in computer science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience programming with Python or other object-oriented programming languages (such as Java or C# with linux system experience).
- 5+ years of building data pipelines in AWS or other cloud solution experience (good to have big data and distributed system knowledge).
- 3+ years of experience with multi-dimension warehouse design, SQL queries, and database data model design.
- 2+ years of cloud platform experience (using AWS, Snowflake, or GCP).
- Strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, including interactions with technical and non-technical users.
- Proven experience with Agile development cycles (comfortable with Scrum, story/task project management techniques).
- Experience with Big Data toolsets like Apache Spark.
- Experience with ETL tools like Apache Airflow.
A Little Bit About Us:
MobilityWare is one of the leading mobile game publishers of card and puzzle games. With our headquarters in the heart of Orange County and a new studio in Utah, we’re dedicated to our mission of bringing joy to others one game at a time. Ever since our flagship title Solitaire hit the Apple App Store on the day it opened in 2008, MobilityWare has been entertaining gamers around the world. With a product portfolio that includes beloved hits such as FreeCell, MONOPOLY Solitaire, Spades, Hearts, Mahjong, and Bubble Shooter Pop, our games have been downloaded over 400 MILLION times.
MobilityWare was recently named one of Built in LA’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row and we’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County five times by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register. While we’re proud to be the company behind some of mobile gaming’s most popular titles, our most important achievement is creating a work environment that encourages professional growth and prioritizes the wellness of all our team members.
Do we have your attention yet? Here are just some of the perks of working with us:
- We offer medical (100% paid option), dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and a 401K with competitive contribution.
- Annual, all-inclusive company trip for you and a guest. Previous destinations include Hawaii, a Mexican Riviera Cruise, Las Vegas and Los Cabos!
- In the office we offer things like free lunch, free snacks, and free drinks.
- Casual workplace that includes a relaxed dress code, plus a newly remodeled office in the heart of Irvine.
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing, and we would love for you to join us on the ride.
- Annual Game Jam to show off your creative chops!
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing compensation for this role. The range listed is just one component of MobilityWare’ s total compensation package for employees, which may also include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, certifications, location, business needs, or market demands. This range is based on a full-time position. This range may be modified in the future. The pay range annual base salary for this role is $150,000-$185,000.