Mid-Level Backend Engineer
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 14,000 brands and over 600,000 buyers across 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.7B in wholesale transaction volume each month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry" and inducted into Forbes' "50 Over 50" 2022 class, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. With our team of 150+ experts, we maintain an established global presence with employees in key markets in North America, Europe and APAC.
Why JOOR? :
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up, continuing to drive innovation in the fashion & retail industry.
We’re growing our engineering team and seeking members who want to set the tone for what technology in the wholesale industry looks like. You’ll tackle complex problems and build the systems that support emerging, independent businesses all the way up to global brands and retailers. Our clients rely on our products to grow their business and we are committed to building a fast and scalable product that they love, all while using best practices and the latest technologies. We have a positive and collaborative culture, and our engineers are given a greenfield of opportunity to advance their skills and see their solutions make an immediate impact for some of the world’s best known brands and retailers.
About our stack:
- Running on Kubernetes clusters in AWS.
- Monitoring and profiling via Datadog.
- Storing data in RDS Postgres with some Redis.
- Our backend services rely mostly on Django, gRPC, ApolloGraphQL and some old PHP we want to purify with fire 😅.
- Lastly our frontend is made with React consuming graphQL queries.
What You'll Do:
- Join our Marketplace team which helps connect brands and retailers so they can deliver better businesses.
- Design and implement solutions on our backend systems, with a focus on consistency, simplicity, quality, and ability to withstand varying load
- Work with other Software Engineers through pairing and other methods to bring out the best in the team as a mentor and subject matter expert
- Engage in broader organizational technical discussions
- Work with the latest technologies including React, Python, gRPC, graphQL and Node
What We’re Looking For:
- ~4 years experience as a software engineer.
- Ability to read, debug legacy code so it can be refactored or rewritten the right way.
- Ability or willingness to rely on TDD to write decoupled and consistent code.
- Strong collaboration skills to work along with product, design, qa, devops and other engineers.
- Strong communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Experience in our stack is a plus, but strong foundations are way more relevant.
What We Offer :
- Target Compensation Range: EUR 40-50k (plus company performance bonus & equity)
- Remote work, preferably based in Spain.
- Reduced hours in summer: 2 summer Fridays in July and 36 hours/week in August.
- Private health insurance.
- Access to your preferred learning platform (Udemy or Codely)
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action.
- Collaborate with our teams in global offices around the world
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company offsites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via quarterly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company's performance in relation to revenue and growth.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!