Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 13,3000 brands and over 380,000 retailers in 150 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 "Changemaker in the Fashion Industry", JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have over 200 employees in 12 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Finance @ JOOR:
We are currently seeking a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Finance team. The right individual will be a go-getter who is excited by the opportunity to make a significant and immediate impact on our organization by developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics and driving strategic decisions through modeling and analysis. This integral role will have exposure to all aspects of the business including B2B sales, strategy, R&D, and operational teams. Exciting opportunity for someone who wants to live what it means to build a well funded business towards scale and wow.
What You'll Do:
- Own the annual budgeting and quarterly outlook processes in order to ensure all departments and operations are executing to the financial plan.
- Complete ownership of financial planning & analysis via partnership with Controller on QC of actual results.
- Research, establish, monitor, report, and analyze pipeline conversion, forecasts, and KPIs.
- Work closely with other members of the management team to develop dashboards, determine core drivers and drive focus on key performance drivers.
- Scenario planning models that provide results on various “what if” scenarios
- Independently analyze complex, large data sets to identify relevant information, develop key takeaways, and make required recommendations
- Work closely with CFO/CEO on ad hoc projects.
- Assist in preparation of presentation materials for the Board, periodic management speaking engagements, etc.
- Ability to benchmark Company profile vs peers in SaaS and stage (Post Series D) of company
- Maintain a continuous knowledge base of JOOR’s evolving product, product roadmap plans and impact to accurately determine and manage forecasts.
We would LOVE to hear from you:
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Finance or business-related is preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in finance, financial forecasting, planning and financial modeling. Investment banking experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of SaaS a must
- Experience in Fintech and marketplaces ideal
- Excellent Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, etc.), presentation, communication, and time management skills
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Expert knowledge of core financial statements and inherent relationships
- Embraces the fluidity and forging new ground within an emerging/startup business that is exciting and sometimes frustrating.
- Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues in order to provide insight and metrics to drive the right business decisions
- Intellectual curiosity is a must. Candidates must thrive on solving problems that do not have clear solutions.
- High EQ. Ability to interact/influence all levels with the organization
What We Offer:
- Total Compensation: $165-175K base + company performance bonus & options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Commuter and 401k plans
- Collaborate with our teams in LA, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Paris, etc,
- Access to Market Weeks to see the product in action
- Need a break? Flexible “My Time” policy - We want you at your best!
- Regular social events, including happy hours, lunch & learns, company off-sites, meetups and speaker series
- Transparency into the state of our business via monthly all-hands meetings, showcasing the company’s performance in relation to revenue and growth
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women — well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, you'll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR may just be the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Excited about the role but still not 100% you fit the criteria? We would still love to hear from you!
Something looks off?