Senior Associate of Business Analytics
Hungryroot is a grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating simple, personal, and sustainable. Our mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook and love healthy foods. By leveraging AI to create a truly personalized experience, we save customers time and worry, all while introducing them to new foods and helping them achieve their health objectives.
People are at the center of everything we do here at Hungryroot. We are a remote-first company with a hub office in NYC. It’s up to you how and where you want to work; we care about outcomes and your contribution to our company. Our work, our decisions, and our culture are deeply-rooted in the values of being positive, proactive, and transparent. We are incredibly proud of our team and hope that you will join us!
About the role
Hungryroot is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate of Business Analytics to build out our team, how we drive business outcomes through data & insights and continue to evolve the group’s product-market fit. This is a highly visible and dynamic role ideal for someone who enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative and data-driven environment. This role will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Marketing, Product, Controllership, Data Engineering and Operations to deliver a comprehensive understanding of our business drivers.
This role is part of the Strategic Finance team which owns all central analytics, strategic insights and KPIs along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) for our growing business and reports to the CFO. We are analytical and detail-oriented individuals who enable leadership to make informed business decisions by providing historical and forward looking analyses. We enjoy tackling challenging problems and translating quantitative analyses into actionable insights.
Important: This is a hands-on role! At Hungryroot, we are all technical individual contributors in our respective fields and as such, this role requires a deep understanding of complex SQL queries and on occasion, new table / schema builds.
- Work closely with Finance leadership to oversee, refine and define Hungryroot’s central business analytics strategy and roadmap, while driving data-driven decision making.
- Expand our regular reporting of the key metrics in the business. This comes in the form of weekly and monthly metrics reviews with the Executive Team and a number of members from the Senior Team.
- Be a subject matter expert at Hungryroot across our core business metrics such as Retention/ Reorder Rates, Order Values, LTV, etc.
- Deliver insights that inform our our long-term strategy and financial forecasts, alongside members of the FP&A team
- Ad-hoc or project-based analyses to support key initiatives, teams, or to bridge known knowledge gaps.
- Serve as Finance’s liaison to the Data Engineering organization, helping to standardize our business and technical definitions for the department.
- Partner with peer analytics teams in Growth and Personalization to drive a deeper understanding of current, past and future performance.
- Drive proactive assessments of market trends, competitors and business trends and provide impactful insight.
- Actively identify and implement continuous improvements to streamline and innovate the broader Finance function.
- 3+ years of experience in strategic analytics, data analytics or BizOps at a high-growth company
- Bachelor’s Degree and a record of academic excellence.
- Experience using and building dashboards in Looker or similar BI tool
- Advanced SQL skills, with an ability to create new tables / schemas on an ad hoc basis; Python skills a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate insights and information to our most senior executives
- Hyper organized project manager; self-driven motivation with a high degree of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Prior experience leading or building a team a plus.
- D2C experience a plus.
Perks & Benefits
- Remote-first: work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere in the U.S. - you decide!
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A work from home stipend to support your initial home-office setup
The employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.