Hungryroot is a grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating simple, personal, and sustainable. Our mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook and love healthy foods. By leveraging AI to create a truly personalized experience, we save customers time and worry, all while introducing them to new foods and helping them achieve their health objectives.
People are at the center of everything we do here at Hungryroot. We are a remote-first company with a hub office in NYC. It’s up to you how and where you want to work; we care about outcomes and your contribution to our company. Our work, our decisions, and our culture are deeply-rooted in the values of being positive, proactive, and transparent. We are incredibly proud of our team and hope that you will join us!
About the Role
Hungryroot is looking for a Growth Analyst to join our highly impactful and cross-functional Growth team, which sits under the Digital umbrella. In this role, you will support the growth marketing and product functions in understanding and making use of company data to drive performance across acquisition, engagement, and retention, and help us measure and optimize our performance across the conversion funnel.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical aptitude (intermediate SQL skills are a requirement and experience in or interest in learning Python/R is preferred) with the ability to analyze, interpret and clearly communicate insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders and executives. You are able to generate insights within the context of the business holistically, constantly identifying solutions and opportunities to optimize all aspects of growth marketing and product at Hungryroot.
At Hungryroot we take pride in being an analytically-led organization, using data to inform our decisions and to gather insights. This is an opportunity to join an exceptional Growth team with a wide scope of work across retention and acquisition. If you thrive in a highly collaborative environment and are eager to work on impactful and interesting projects, we encourage you to apply.
- Partner with marketing and product stakeholders on leveraging analytics for both pre-checkout and post-checkout A/B tests and other marketing and product experiments
- Design, build, maintain and improve new and existing reporting and dashboards
- Collaborate with other analysts on the Growth team on one-off projects
- Work cross-functionally with the Data team to help define robust data management practices for enabling analytical solutions
- Conduct analysis on marketing and product performance as needed. Surface and communicate strategic insights and suggest optimizations to our partners.
- Provide any relevant analytics support to cross-functional or company-wide projects and initiatives
- 2-3 years of experience in an analytics role or position (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree required with focus on data science, statistics or other mathematical or scientific field (or equivalent)
- A clear communicator with solid written and oral communications
- Able to navigate ambiguity, turning complex problems into small, actionable steps
- A motivated, positive, proactive and transparent attitude
- Expertise with:
- Writing complex SQL queries for analytics purposes
- Building ETLs, define and implement data pipelines (with data eng help)
- A/B test design and interpretation
- E-commerce conversion funnels and direct response (Facebook/Instagram, Google search, etc.) and non-direct response (TV, podcasts, etc) marketing data
- Looker or similar visualization and reporting tools (i.e. Hive, Mode, Chartio, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with the below is not required, but a plus:
- Marketing attribution
- D2C / subscription business models
- Lifecycle / retention marketing (including email drips)
- Statistical modeling (time series analysis, regression analysis and other forms, etc)
Perks & Benefits
- Remote-first: work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere in the US. You decide!
- Equity stake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A work from home stipend to support your initial home-office setup
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected class.