Junior IT Systems Administrator
Hungryroot is the only grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating simple, personal, and sustainable. Our mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook and love healthy foods. By leveraging AI to create a truly personalized experience, we save customers time and worry, all while introducing them to new foods and helping them achieve their health objectives.
People are at the center of everything we do here at Hungryroot. We are a remote-first company with a hub office in NYC. It’s up to you how and where you want to work; we care about outcomes and your contribution to our company. Our work, our decisions, and our culture are deeply-rooted in the values of being positive, proactive, and transparent. We’re incredibly proud of our team and hope that you’ll join us!
About the Role
We’re looking for an IT Systems Administrator to be a part of our growing IT team. You’ll be responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, security, and optimization of Hungryroot computer systems as well as being the point of contact for IT tickets and issues. They will be responsible for ordering, setup, and deployment of Hungryroot devices to employees and assist with A/V setup for various company meetings and events.
This role will join Hungryroot’s IT team and you’ll report directly to our IT Manager. In this critical role you will work on projects assigned by the IT Manager as well as manage the various Hungryroot applications and resources. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Answer tickets, quickly resolve any system failures and troubleshoots issues
- Manage new hire onboarding, equipment purchases, and manage inventory
- Manage and deploy our MDM software and patching policies
- Manage user accounts, credentials, permissions, access rights, storage allocations, and general administration
- Secure system integrity from any breaches or viruses and play an essential role in risk-mitigation planning, including creating backup plans, safeguards for data, user security policies, and identity management
- Research upcoming products, service protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts and make recommendations
- Assist with A/V setup and breakdowns
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Have a presence in the NYC office for at least 2-3 days out of the week
- Some short-term travel will be required within the United States on a project-by-project basis
- Minimum of 3 years working as a systems administrator with previous experience on a helpdesk
- Experience with administration for a wide arrange of applications and platforms, deployments, and integrations
- Experience working with and/or implementing OKTA
- Experience with Mac/Windows
- Experience utilizing Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- MDM and provisioning experience (JumpCloud, Apple DEP, or other)
- Working with an IT Ticketing system
- Being detail oriented, having excellent communication and customer care skills and proficiency with documentation or reporting
Perks & Benefits
- Hybrid-Work (2-3 days in our NYC Office on a weekly basis)
- Equity stake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A WFH stipend to support your initial home-office setup
Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.