New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 2, 2023
At Heyday, we’re cutting through the noise in the skincare industry to help you discover your healthiest skin, so you can put your best face forward. With locations across the country, we provide personalized facial treatments and everyday skincare guidance from our expert estheticians, along with powerful products that let you feel the difference.
We’ve been named “Best Facial” by New York Magazine, performed over 500,000 facials, tried countless products, and have been collecting valuable skincare data the entire way.
Oh, and the word Heyday... it means the period of your life when you’re at your prime. We believe every day should be your Heyday – we happen to start with skin.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join our team at Heyday. As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of all facilities and maintenance activities across our retail locations. Your leadership, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills will be essential in maintaining a safe, comfortable, and functional environment for both our customers and staff.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all Heyday Shops facilities.
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs to ensure the longevity of equipment and infrastructure.
- Coordinate with external vendors and contractors for specialized repairs and services.
Health and Safety:
- Establish and enforce safety protocols, ensuring compliance with regulations and best practices.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, identify potential hazards, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Develop emergency response plans and lead evacuation procedures in case of emergencies.
- Prepare and manage the facilities budget, tracking expenses, and identifying cost-saving opportunities.
- Source and evaluate vendors, negotiate contracts, and ensure cost-effective service agreements.
Communication and Reporting:
- Communicate regularly with store managers and senior leadership regarding facility-related updates, issues, and improvements.
- Generate and present reports on facility performance, maintenance activities, and project progress.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar facilities management role
- Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as a Facilities Manager or similar role, preferably in a retail or commercial environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and personalities.
- In-depth knowledge of facility operations, maintenance best practices, and safety regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a proactive approach to addressing issues.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in budget management and vendor negotiations.
At Heyday, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off (every employee needs time to rest, recharge, and pivot the mind)
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision & FSA Benefits (for you & available for dependents)
- Discounted Facials & Skincare Products (staff facials at $5, products at 35% off, and discounts for family & friends)
- Paid Parental Leave (for any parents, with a flexible return-to-work program)
Heyday is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Compensation: $80,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year