Full Time Interior Designer, Los Angeles
Full Time Interior Designer, Los Angeles CA
At Havenly, we believe in making space for better living. From gathering home inspiration, to working with a designer, to shopping curated home products, we collaborate with clients across the country to design spaces they love coming home to. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, CO, we are a fun, convenient, and affordable solution for designing your home.
We are currently building our bench of Interior Designers in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas to provide clients with modern, custom, in-person design services. We are seeking experienced Interior Designers who are looking to work with clients both virtually and in-person.
As a Designer on the Havenly platform you’ll get access to our technology and our support services (scheduling, ordering, invoicing, vendor mgmt) so you can solely focus on exceeding your client's needs with a great experience and beautiful designs to create homes that they love.
This is a full-time role, working locally with clients in and around Los Angeles, CA
What you’ll do:
Work with Local Interior Design Clients
- Collaborate with residential LA-area clients through virtual and in-home meetings to understand their design preferences, needs, and budget.
- Lead the design process with clients, including development of a mood board, design concept, floor plan, and 3D rendering.
- Source furniture & decor on Havenly's platform, where clients can checkout for all our vendor partners in one cart.
- Grow deep client relationships to drive repeat and referral business.
What you’ll bring:
- A degree in Interior Design from an accredited program or university is preferred.
- 3+ years of working as an interior designer and with your own clients in-person and/or virtually.
- An industry-professional presence - You engage your clients through confident, knowledgeable, and clear communication style.
- Tech-savviness - Designers must be comfortable using online technologies to create concept boards, 3D renderings, floorplans, presentations and communications. In addition, must be comfortable learning and adapting to new technologies quickly.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is required; Designers should be comfortable layering images and using functionality such as the background remover.
- A high degree of passion, drive and knowledge to achieve the best possible creative results.
- A small business mindset; you understand how to drive projects forward, and convert beautiful designs into sales.
- A high level of product knowledge across many vendors, categories, and price points, to quickly be able to source furnishing and decor that are the best match for your client.
- Access to reliable transportation to and from client meetings, a computer with video conferencing capabilities, and current Photoshop license.
- A team player, highly motivated, and excited about helping to build an innovative brand.
- Detail oriented and capable of managing the nuance of individual customer needs.
- An effective and professional communicator, and able to maintain a calm and friendly presence throughout each customer interaction.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to drive full ownership for your work. You love to jump in and solve problems. You find creative solutions and are able to troubleshoot quickly.
- By nature always looking for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- Not only a designer, but a design enthusiast, keeping up with current trends and news in both the furniture and interior design industries.
- This is a full-time exempt position located in Los Angeles.
- Compensation for the role is $20-23/hour, dependent upon experience, plus commission.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company, we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and has equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, we are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.
*Please note that any email communications from us will come from a firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com email address. We will never attempt to communicate with applicants via text and we will never request payments. Any requests to do so are phishing attempts which we have no affiliation with. If you are unsure whether you have spoken to an official Havenly employee, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.