Relationship Manager (Sales)
Guideline is seeking a Relationship Manager to join our growing sales team.
What will you be working on?
You will be responsible for fostering and building our indirect sales relationships, serving as the primary point of contact for our accountant, advisor and HR partners, ensuring they have all the education and tools they need to help set up their client’s retirement plans.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Relationship Manager to join our team, specializing in selling 401(k) retirement plans.
The ideal candidate will possess an understanding of retirement plans and have a proven track record of building and nurturing client relationships. We are seeking a natural advocate who will go to great lengths to ensure our partners and their clients have a best in class experience.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for our valued partners, establishing and nurturing strong relationships.
- Take ownership of the partner onboarding process, ensuring a seamless experience and fostering ongoing growth.
- Engage in consistent check-ins with partner accounts to collect valuable feedback, offer unwavering support, and collaboratively devise strategies that foster mutual growth
Strategic Sales Execution:
- Employ consultative selling techniques to present and promote our comprehensive 401(k) plan solutions to potential partners and their clients.
- Devise and implement effective sales strategies to exceed individual and team targets.
- Innovate and develop creative marketing ideas and campaigns to engage partner accounts and enhance retirement plan sales.
Prospecting and Outreach:
- Leverage various channels to expand our partner network and reach new business opportunities.
- Identify and target prospective partner accounts through market research, referrals, networking, and proactive outreach.
- Drive product value by proactively introducing new features and updates related to our offerings to Guideline Partners.
- Demo the product with confidence ensuring the partner knows next steps
Record Keeping and Management:
- Maintain meticulous and current records of partner interactions, sales activities, and progress using Salesforce.
- Ensure accuracy in tracking and reporting for effective decision-making, forecasting and performance evaluation.
Our ultimate objective is to extend the reach of our cutting-edge retirement platform technology by forging new alliances within our partner ecosystem.
This involves introducing Guideline's innovative solution to prospective partners and their clients, culminating in driving substantial growth for Guideline.
- 3+ years of relationship based selling experience, client management, business development or customer care; experience at a fast-paced technology company a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- Results-driven with exemplary phone, listening, and writing skills
- Experience maximizing output through CRM systems (Salesforce a plus)
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Adaptable with the ability to pick up new technologies, assess situations quickly, and effectively advocate for smarter, better ways to achieve goals
- Flexible - we’re moving fast, so the ability to constantly adapt to new conditions is a must
- True passion for solving problems - ability to solve complex problems that provide meaningful impacts to our partners and throughout our sales organization
More About Guideline
Everyone should have a simple, affordable way to save for retirement. At Guideline, our plans are low cost and highly automated.
This makes it easy for companies to offer a valuable benefit—and easy for people to invest in their financial future with confidence.
The expected base salary range for this position is $70,000 - $85,000 annually (depending on location, skills, education, and experience); OTE is split between base salary and performance-driven quarterly bonus. This position also has a substantial equity component, not included in the stated OTE.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.