Senior Technical Product Manager
Guideline aims to give everyone a better future by making it easy (and enjoyable!) to save for retirement. We're disrupting an industry that hasn't seen innovation in over 40 years—an industry that's left small businesses and a changing workforce behind. The PM team works cross-functionally to build user-facing and internal products that delight our customers and help us realize our mission of creating a retirement Americans can look forward to.
The Senior Technical Product Manager, Recordkeeping will be a member of the platform team reporting into the Director of Product. You will work with multiple groups to build the future of our recordkeeping system and ensure that our core products can efficiently scale.
What You Will Work On
- Define the strategy and deliver the roadmap for the core recordkeeping product that powers our 401(k) and additional retirement offerings
- Own the vision for next-generation recordkeeping products and drive the implementation with a team of cross-functional engineers, data engineers, and designers.
- Align stakeholders across all levels of the organization around the product roadmap and on the impact of delivered projects
- Become the expert in our system and be able to take technical details and articulate their impact for non-technical team members
- Ensure seamless launches of major features for our 35,000+ clients and ensure that we're supporting the technical needs of all other teams for their feature development
- Own and monitor product-level KPIs, iterating post-launch to drive greater impact
- Document decisions to allow for broader company learning and iteration opportunities
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in Product Management or Engineering
- Demonstrated success collaborating with engineers to deliver technical products
- Experience working with APIs or on platform projects
- Strong technical proficiency and an ability to distill technical details to make them understandable to a non-technical audience
- Proficiency in SQL to pull and analyze product data
- Background in fintech, regtech, or HR-tech a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
More about Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to 35,000+ clients and over $8 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $155,000 - $187,000 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Company Equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.