Product Marketing Manager - Core Products
Guideline is looking for a Product Marketing Manager. You’ll be joining a performance-oriented marketing team that drives meaningful business impact through creative, data-based marketing campaigns and initiatives. This role will join a team of talented product marketers and report to the Director of Product Marketing, Brand, and Content. We’re actively growing the PMM function at Guideline, and you’ll be at the forefront of driving impact into the sales, marketing, and product orgs.
Our Marketing team plays an integral role in building brand awareness, generating leads, and supporting revenue and sales efforts. We currently have 10+ marketers across Brand + Content, Lifecycle, Partner Marketing, and Product Marketing. We come from top-tier Fintech and high-growth companies like Glossier, Sofi, and Gusto. We’re looking for a fellow collaborative, yet independent marketer who is excited about helping building a PMM function from the ground up. Everyone on the team has a distinct role and function, but is highly collaborative. We ideate, solution, and achieve together.
What you’ll work on
You’ll lead the product marketing strategy and go-to-market execution for our core 401(k) products. The product marketing’s team’s mission is to turn customer empathy and insights into messaging, position, and GTM strategies. You’ll be the champion of the customers we serve: small business owners and HR leaders at small, medium, and large-sized businesses.
As a PMM, you’re at the heart of it all. In a highly collaborative role, you’ll work closely with all marketing functions, the product team, design, sales, operations, legal, and data analytics to drive impactful results. You’ll partner especially closely with sales leadership to support sales enablement, competitive analysis, and building compelling social proof for the business.
- Lead PMM launch strategy and GTM execution for all 401(k) products
- Coordinate with channel owners to bring products and messaging to life—sales, CS, website, content, growth, lifecycle, and more.
- Lead customer research, and become the advocate and expert on our buyer segments—small, medium, and large-scale businesses.
- Create and test messaging and key value propositions
- Build ands scale
- Partner closely with sales to support sales enablement materials, including social proof, reasons to believe, competitive insights.
- Build and lead a customer case study program. Work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to bring stories and insights to life.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of marketing experience in B2B2C and/or B2B environment, 2+ of those years in product marketing
- Comfort and experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Passion for customer insights — experience crafting and testing messaging directly with perspective customers as well as quantitatively
- Experience building marketing and sales enablement collateral as well as integrated marketing campaigns including digital, brand and events/webinars.
- Data-driven problem solver that can craft and iterate on the customer journey, with an eye on both conversion as well as customer education and retention
- An understanding of the fintech and/or payroll and benefits space (nice to have)
- Strong communication skills; can build relationships with a diverse set of cross-functional stakeholders; synthesizes results and gains buy-in through well-designed presentations and decks
- Marketing athlete with a will to win; a team player who can work independently and collaboratively with others, leads with empathy and strives for excellence
More About Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to over 35,000+ clients and over $8 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $117,500 - $142,500 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Something looks off?