Guideline is seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Finance team. You will join a distributed team of remote employees.
What Will You Be Working On
- Manage and own accounting policies, narratives and control matrices for key accounting areas.
- Assist month end closing along with the Senior Director and FP&A team
- Perform detailed review of key financial reporting areas that may include but not limited to capitalized contract assets, sales commission, Savers Revenue and Custodian Cash Reconciliation process.
- Oversee Strategic Partnership reporting, work closely with StraP and Data Analysis teams on all partnership business initiatives.
- Complete journal entries for complex accounting areas including ASC718, ASC740
- Leverage prior organizational experience to identify and drive process improvement to scale the team to enhance corporate maturity
- Maintain accurate financial process documentation
- Support Big 4 audit, tax compliance and insurance renew projects
- Assist with special projects as needed, such as system implementation and business maintenance
What We’re Looking For
- Advanced degree in accounting or CPA required
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite
- 8+ years of accounting experience overall, with 2+ years in financial service or SaaS industry required
- 2+ years experience managing people
- Experience with assisting Big 4 audit and SOX documentation
- Supervisory experience in the financial reporting and general ledger areas
- Proven history of executing a timely close process (or audit) in a deadline driven environment
More About Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to 35,000+ clients and over $ billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
The expected Salary for this position is $140,000-$166,250 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.