Guideline is seeking a Compliance Program Manager to join the Customer Operations organization.
What You Will Be Working On
You will lead the end-to-end, cross-functional workstreams across the customer operations, product, engineering, and legal & compliance teams to ensure we are executing timely and accurately on our regulatory and compliance programs for our 401(k) small business customers. This role will report to the Director of Program Management and Enablement in the Customer Operations organization.
- Lead the end-to-end, cross-functional workstreams across the product, engineering, customer operations and legal & compliance teams to ensure we are delivering on the compliance programs within regulatory deadlines: regulatory filings, compliance testing, SECURE 2.0
- Lead the cross-functional and leadership team through decisions balancing short term solutions to execute required programs in the current year while driving longer term solutions with product to continuously improve our customers’ experience.
- Establish a framework and playbook for annual preparedness from planning through execution to deliver on-time, on-scope, on-quality results.
- Define, measure, monitor and communicate program management plans, metrics, status, risks, roadmap and schedules at the right altitude and cadence for the audience.
- Drive a continuous improvement program for workflow efficiency for our customers and employees through process improvements, product improvements and business systems.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in program management leading complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives including government filings, customer success, customer support, operations, product development in a fast-paced, rapid-growth SaaS-based portfolio/platform business.
- 3+ years experience in the retirement/financial services industry preferred, with a strong understanding of 401(k) retirement plans, DOL and IRS regulations.
- Strategic thinker with not only the ability to see the big picture and drive towards a long term vision, but also drill down into the details of tactical program management.
- An accountable driver who works backwards from outcome to achieve by prioritizing scope, quality, time and resources.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data, see trends, and take action (collecting metrics and building visualizations). Familiarity with building dashboards and experience with Looker is a plus.
- A builder of motivated teams who drives aligned goals, strategies and measures of success to achieve outstanding customer results as #OneTeam.
More about Guideline
Technology is the backbone of what we do. It allows us to automate many 401(k) administrative tasks, integrate with leading payroll providers, and build affordable retirement plans for the smallest businesses.
But our platform is powered by people—engineers, account managers, data analysts, retirement consultants, and many more. Together, we're creating a retirement platform that puts people first and empowers small business owners, their employees and the self-employed to not just retire, but arrive at a secure retirement.
In just a few years of operations, we've grown to 35,000+ clients and over $8 billion in assets under management—and have raised $344M with top-tier investors.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $108,000 - $135,000 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Company Equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.