Tier-3 Support Engineer
Guideline is looking for a Tier-3 Support Engineer to join our expanding engineering team. You will join a distributed team of 60+ engineers.
As a Tier-3 Senior Support Engineer at a fast-growing company, you can evolve the way we do technical support and help provide a great experience for our customers. You will be either fully remote or can be attached to one of our offices in California, Texas, or Maine.
You will report to the Manager of Tier-3 Support and will work with a diverse team of Support Engineers.
Engineering is a fast-growing team in charge of building and supporting a product for our rapidly expanding customer base.
We value passionate technologists with a strong work ethic. We’ve accomplished a lot in just a few short years, but Guideline is just getting started. We are thrilled to build a modern technology solution in the outdated world of retirement finance.
What You Will Work On
- Serve as an escalation point for all software related technical issues (escalations) originating from the production environment
- Investigate escalations using a variety of application performance management and development tools
- Develop code-fixes and technical solutions (tooling and infrastructure) to resolve customer-facing issues
- Develop solutions/tooling for Support Engineering team use and subsequently refine into self-service tools for Guideline’s internal teams
- Partner with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders, ranging from customer-facing teams to product & engineering
- Clearly and effectively communicate escalation root cause and resolution status with internal stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of combined experience in commercial software technical support, development, or quality assurance roles
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues, identify root causes, and propose solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot multiple issues simultaneously and reprioritize based on urgency and customer impact
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, API integration patterns, and white-box testing techniques
- Excellent skills in log analysis and troubleshooting using DB queries
- Ability to develop effective and efficient code (language agnostic)
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Customer focused professional, driven by an unwavering commitment to provide support
- Passion for learning and continuous self-improvement
More About Guideline
Everyone should have a simple, affordable way to save for retirement. At Guideline, our plans are low cost and highly automated. This makes it easy for companies to offer a valuable benefit—and easy for people to invest in their financial future with confidence.
The expected Salary Range for this position is $117500 - $164000 annually. Compensation is determined by numerous factors such as your qualifications, experience, and work location.
- Flexible vacation policy
- Company equity
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- 100% paid employee insurance coverage
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Parental leave
- Sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.