Director of Lifecycle and Retention
We are a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique and engaging online and offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In 9 years, we have built an iconic brand that has revolutionized how consumers, and how the industry, think of beauty. The foundational DNA of our brand is resonant across generations, timeless, and ripe for building upon. Our next step is to bring Glossier to more people in more places. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
In this role, you will set the global vision and strategy for CRM and customer retention at Glossier, inspiring a team of lifecycle marketers and partnering with leaders across the organization to bring it to life. The Director, Lifecycle and Retention will lead our efforts to build a best-in-class personalization engine, launch our first subscription program, and activate customer insights to deliver delightful experiences that drive meaningful business outcomes. This role is based in New York and will report to the General Manager of eCommerce.
Six Month Expectations
- Create and iterate Glossier’s cross-channel lifecycle and retention roadmap, with a focus on growing CRM revenue contribution and customer repeat rate.
- Lead the lifecycle marketing team as a true player-coach, including recruiting, coaching, and developing future leaders.
- Assume ownership of customer retention metrics and insights, identifying opportunities for greater sophistication and activation.
- Evangelize a culture of experimentation, working with ecommerce, product, engineering, and data to advance Glossier’s testing strategy.
Twelve+ Month Expectations
- Drive the development, execution, and expansion of global lifecycle and retention marketing programs, with accountability for delivering results.
- Own the launch of our first subscription program, from initial concept to rallying a cross-functional team into action.
- Elevate Glossier to the forefront of advanced personalization, going beyond transactional content to tell unique stories.
- Partner with the data team to enhance retention data, uncovering rich customer insights and leveraging them to inform our approach to segmentation and automation.
- Act as an advisor or project lead on new cross-functional initiatives ranging from product and channel launches to evolving the customer experience.
- 8+ years experience in retention, CRM, lifecycle, and/or customer marketing, ideally in ecommerce businesses at $XXXM scale.
- 4+ years leading high-performance teams, with a proven track record of developing and promoting from within.
- Results-oriented with the ability to move easily between 20,000 foot strategy and rolling up your sleeves to get it done.
- Significant experience leading broad cross-functional initiatives with ecommerce, performance marketing, customer experience, product, and engineering stakeholders.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate data into actionable insights and customer segmentation strategies. Comfortable working in Looker, Google Analytics, and similar; advanced customer analytics skills preferred.
- Experience standing up and scaling subscription and/or loyalty programs.
- Familiarity with innovative personalization strategies and implementation preferred.
- Clienteling experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for Glossier and our unique approach to beauty.
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum compensation range for this position:
- The estimated annual pay range for this role is $135,000 - $176,000. There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role.
- Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units, Paid Time Off, Short Term and Long Term Disability leave, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.