Associate Store Director, Las Vegas
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Our store leaders will help drive our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy. As an Assistant Store Director, it’s your job to lead, inspire, and develop a best-in-class team to create inspiring and exceptional customer experiences, and help set the tone for the store team as they help customers discover and deepen their connection with Glossier throughout their visit and beyond. As an experienced lead with a hospitality mindset, you foster and maintain a safe, equitable, and inclusive environment for both store teams and customers, while providing support to the Store Director in executing all people and business objectives. Finally, acting as a people advocate and constant presence on the floor, you will help create an environment in which employees can develop their full potential, fulfilling all core talent competencies and embodying our company values.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year and we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As part of the store’s leadership team, you will be fully immersed in the development of the store’s talent culture, with direct impact to the employee and customer experience. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive a culture anchored in our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy.
- Deeply understand, model, and coach Glossier’s mission, vision and values: Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Curious, Courageous, and Discerning.
- Partner with the store’s leadership team and HR Generalist to drive an inclusive and equitable talent acquisition strategy, and actively work in building a continuous candidate pipeline.
- Develop and empower the store’s team by providing effective and frequent coaching, feedback, recognition and encouragement.
- Support an inclusive and equitable work environment and uphold our Code of Conduct and commitment to a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, and intimidation.
- Support the efforts of creating a culture of clear and open communication with your team, ensuring all team members are equipped with information they need to thrive and effectively share feedback, ideas, and concerns.
- Support and drive the store’s recognition initiatives, in partnership with the HR Generalist, fostering a work environment of collaboration, camaraderie, and fun— joy is our language!
- Serve as a deeply knowledgeable advocate for our product philosophy and portfolio, and inspiring and coaching your team to facilitate customer-led discovery journeys.
- Identify areas of potential growth within your teams and coach accordingly to strengthen and further develop these in alignment to core competencies and performance expectations.
- Promote, participate, and drive the completion rate of all Glossier training initiatives.
Customer Experience Leadership
- Model and coach Glossier’s customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable and inspiring customer experiences.
- Develop and support a culture of accountability for expected service levels, coaching to performance standards, maintaining a constant presence on the floor and facilitating ongoing and constructive feedback.
- Support the testing and implementation of new customer experiences in collaboration with HQ teams to innovate on the Glossier retail experience.
- Identify key customer trends and requests; communicate effectively to Store Director and relevant corporate partners to support continuous improvement and innovation of the Glossier retail experience and product assortment.
- Monitor and analyze customer feedback, working with your Store Director and fellow Associate Store Directors to develop and implement customer experience strategies.
- Spend at least 60% of your time throughout the week on the sales floor, working directly with customers and your team, working at least 3-4 Manager on Duty (MOD) shifts per week.
- Analyze business results, in partnership with the Store Director, to identify strategies to improve overall store operations and drive results.
- Create effective and strategic team schedules to support the customer experience and meet payroll targets.
- Develop operational knowledge and ultimate mastery of the assigned Division of Responsibility (DOR). The assigned DOR can be one of the following: Product (the product knowledge champion at the store, supporting the team’s efforts in becoming well-versed in the entire product assortment and new launches and provides support to all product training initiatives); Customer Experience (the coach on the fulfillment of Glossier’s service fundamentals in providing magical and memorable experiences to our customers); Logistics (the go-to expert on all inventory logistics, overseeing the efficient flow of inventory into the store, and serves as the store’s Safety Captain); Visual Merchandising (responsible for the adherence of all visual merchandising standards); Operations (owns the operational processes of the store, managing supplies and equipment, and serves as the retail tech subject matter expert); or Partnerships & Facilities (maintains close connectivity with corporate teams, ensuring there are direct lines of productive communication and collaboration between the store team and company headquarters partners). After a defined period of time, Associate Store Directors will rotate DORs to facilitate well-rounded expertise in all areas of the operation.
- Serve as the store’s champion within the assigned Division of Responsibility, developing and executing specific initiatives that will help drive a more efficient operation in performing to business objectives and goals.
- Participate in the management of the store’s budgets, in partnership with the Store Director, to ensure operational SOPs are followed consistently in order to support customer, team, business, and compliance goals.
- Deliver on Glossier’s unique retail experience philosophy, optimizing first and foremost for excellence in customer experience, and in turn driving the operational and financial results that follow.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in a fast-paced retail or hospitality environment.
- Demonstrated experience in growing highly capable, diverse teams and investing deeply in the development of managers and team members.
- Experience in promoting a people-first employee culture, fostering an engaging, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to employ outstanding communication practices that are ongoing, clear, and structured, promoting transparency, accountability, and understanding of performance and business expectations.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams, maintaining high levels of engagement and strong employee morale.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy and understanding while still driving action.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- Track record of delivering measurable financial, operational, and customer experience results.
- Ability to make difficult tradeoffs, balancing short- and long-term objectives in pursuit of business vision and goals.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- Passion for building exceptional, detail-oriented, customer and employee experiences.
- Passion for beauty as a conduit for connection and personal narrative; excitement for creating environments and experiences that celebrate everyone’s unique beauty journey.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
- Highly skilled in defining and executing operational efficiencies a plus.
- Experience in a scaling/start-up environment and testing new experiential concepts in a customer-facing environment a plus.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.