Key Lead, Las Vegas (Coming Spring 2024)
Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, and offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, and invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
Our store leaders will help drive our people-first employee experience philosophy rooted in authenticity, integrity, inclusion, equity, and empathy. As a Key Lead, it’s your responsibility to support the overall efforts of the store’s leadership team in creating inspiring and exceptional experiences, and fostering and maintaining a safe, equitable, and inclusive environment for both store teams and customers. Finally, acting as a constant presence on the floor, you will help create an environment in which employees can develop their full potential, fulfilling all core talent competencies and embodying our company values.
Not new to the Glossier team? We welcome your application! Many of our Corporate Retail team members have joined within the last year and we would love to hear from you to get to know you (or get reacquainted). Please submit your candidacy for consideration!
As an extension of the store’s leadership team, you will be fully immersed in the store’s FOH and BOH operations. Performance expectations include but are not limited to the following:
- Support an employee culture that is driven by our people-first employee experience philosophy.
- Deeply understand, embody, and model Glossier’s mission, vision and values: Devoted to the Customer, Inclusive, Curious, Courageous, and Discerning.
- Support an inclusive and equitable work environment and uphold our Code of Conduct and commitment to a work environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, and intimidation.
- Liaise with the store’s leadership team to maintain clear, open, and ongoing communication as it relates to positive and/or developmental feedback on the store team or any other operational observations.
- Participate in the store’s recognition initiatives, in partnership with the store’s leadership team, supporting a work environment of collaboration, camaraderie, and fun— joy is our language!
- Serve as a deeply knowledgeable resource of our product philosophy and portfolio as well as our operational standards of excellence to the store team.
- Manage coverage needs on a daily basis (meal breaks, rest periods) as well as completing the Editor Zone Charts.
- Lead team communication through shift meetings (morning or afternoon “huddles”), sharing relevant information as needed (business goals, HQ updates, store news, etc.).
Customer Experience Leadership
- Model and coach Glossier’s customer experience principles, ensuring consistently memorable and inspiring customer and employee experiences.
- Spend 100% of your time on the sales floor and/or BOH areas as assigned, working directly with customers and the store team.
- Active participation in the Host of the Party (HOP - Manager on Duty/MOD) program.
- Serve as an added resource to the store team when customer matters arise requiring leadership support.
- Assist the store team with any ad hoc customer accommodations (e.g., returns/exchanges, guest recovery accommodations, etc.).
- Recognize and reinforce excellent customer service interactions and facilitate a “best practice” resource library to be incorporated into training.
- Ensure all operational standards are upheld (e.g., visual merchandising, store cleanliness, safety processes, etc.).
- Deeply knowledgeable of business KPIs and responsible for reinforcing communication to the team in a fun and engaging manner.
- Responsible for opening and closing duties at the beginning and/or end of the business day, setting the store up for success.
- Serve as an extension of the leadership team when managing ad hoc vendor requests, liaising with leadership as needed.
- Deliver on Glossier’s unique retail experience philosophy, optimizing first and foremost for excellence in customer experience, while demonstrating an understanding of ultimate financial impact.
- Support the efforts of building connections within the community, in partnership with the Associate Store Director(s), to strengthen opportunities to network and create new local partnerships for potential events, etc.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in a fast-paced retail, customer service, or hospitality environment.
- Experience in promoting and supporting a people-first employee culture, fostering an engaging, welcoming, and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to employ outstanding communication practices that are ongoing, clear, and structured.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire teams, maintaining high levels of engagement and strong employee morale.
- Desire and willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in when the situation requires it.
- Passion for building exceptional, detail-oriented, customer and employee experiences.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays required.
- Skilled in executing customer service and operational efficiencies a plus.
Founded in 2014, Glossier is a digital-first, growth-stage beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy and confidence in their personal beauty style. We build products and experiences inspired by our community, and are reimagining the beauty shopping experience with a people-first approach to discovery, both online and offline.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.