We are a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique and engaging online and offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In 7 years, we have built an iconic brand that has revolutionized how consumers, and how the industry, think of beauty. The foundational DNA of our brand is resonant across generations, timeless, and ripe for building upon. Our next step is to bring Glossier to more people in more places. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, and results-driven.
The Glossier Creative Team is looking for a nimble, hyper-organized, process-oriented Senior Editor of Copy who is obsessed with voice and storytelling. You could say our Creative Team functions like an internal incubator—a hub of talent including creative direction, content, production, visual merchandising and design—that works collectively to build the future beauty company. Our approach is inclusive, discerning, and above all personal. We want this person to come in, deeply understand our brand and voice and help us maintain our voice across all owned channels on our highest priority campaigns.
This person is an out-of-the-box thinker who wants to deeply understand, develop, and evolve Glossier’s voice across our channels and uses that knowledge to draft smart, engaging, effective copy (from ads to emails and beyond). They are a creative problem-solver, who stays cool under pressure, with the ability to prioritize and expedite urgent projects and deliverables across competing workstreams. The Senior Editor of Copy will work closely with key partners across: Art Direction, Design, Marketing, CRM, Performance and other cross functional stakeholders. This role will report directly to the Copy Director.
6 Month Expectations:
- Learn and become immersed in the Glossier Brand TOV.
- Utilize storytelling and strategic thinking skills, to Top Edit and Line Edit associate and manager-level copywriters.
- Work collaboratively with Art Direction, Design, Marketing, CRM, Performance and other cross functional stakeholders to optimize messaging across workstreams.
- Write and/or edit copy for collateral around paid ads, email and product launches (PDP, messaging memos, postcards, PR one sheeters, physical product and packaging copy).
- Brainstorm exciting new ways to message both new and existing products.
- Work collaboratively across Brand Marketing, Product Marketing, Legal/Regulatory and Creative to ensure consistency of Glossier voice and to meet key deadlines.
12+ Month Expectations:
- Support the Copy Director in the refinement and implementation of Glossier Tone of Voice in product display copy, campaigns, emails, printed collateral, product and shade naming, and more.
- Contribute to creative campaign concepting for new product launches and other brand initiatives.
- Support the Copy Director on codifying strategic work plan for copy and creative content development in new global markets.
- Serve as an internal stakeholder within the company for Glossier voice guidelines alongside Communications and Brand Marketing teams.
- 6-7 years’ relevant copy experience either at an agency, in-house, or in editorial media—with a minimum of 4 years’ experience editing copy for style and tone across multiple products and workstreams.
- Fluency and passion for beauty, and a pulse on the ways in which stories are told in the beauty industry and elsewhere. Background in beauty is preferred, but not required. Experience in highly-regulated industry required.
- Impeccable written communication skills, and firm grasp on writing to a brand TOV.
- Proven experience top-editing and line-editing writers for copy across channels, with a keen ability to lead and inspire more junior writers.
- High attention to detail, well-versed in APA best practices, with strong grammar and technical knowledge of copyediting/proofreading.
- Inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer and strives to create work that helps more people feel seen and heard in beauty
- Experience with generating high-impact, culturally relevant copy for visible brands.
- Experience partnering closely with creative and cross-functional partners across Paid Performance, and CRM Retention channels.
- Experienced in collaborating across larger creative teams and functions.
- Experience in 360 marketing campaigns and/or working on creative from product concepting to launch.
- Experience gaining, analyzing, and applying learnings gleaned from data.
- Knowledge of copy globalization and localization is a plus.
In accordance with the applicable law, the following represents a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum compensation range for this position:
- The estimated annual pay range for this role is $105,000 - $137,000.
- There may be future opportunities for continued pay progression based on continued strong performance in the role.
- Full-time positions are also eligible for a competitive compensation and benefits package that include medical health insurance, 401K, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units, Paid Time Off, Short Term and Long Term Disability leave, and a range of other benefits. Learn more at the Glossier Career page.
Compensation for the role will be determined based on permissible, non discriminatory factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and experience.
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.