Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is looking for a Los Angeles based Graphics Engineer to join our R&D team. The ideal candidate will combine a passion for expressive avatars with the technical ability to design and implement novel 3D graphics solutions. The role will be focused on developing creator tools for avatars, wearables, and their environments.
Why Genies? You are curious about the future of avatar technology and empowering users to represent their digital selves. You have an underlying passion for encountering complex problems and creating smart, strategic solutions. How avatars will play in the consumer marketplace resonates with you and you see a future where our digital identities help to create a world where people can create, express and be their true authentic selves.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Prototype, build, and debug research-guided tools for 3D content creation
- Architect clean, extensible software and systems with open standards and portability
- Optimize data and algorithms for speed, memory, storage, and latency
- Disseminate knowledge of computer graphics within interdisciplinary team
What You Should Have:
- 4+ years of experience with real time 3D game or rendering engines and architectures
- Strong skills in 3D math, linear algebra, computational geometry, and numerical analysis
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and testing frameworks
- Strong programming skills, with proficiency in C++ and other languages
- Experience with 3D graphics APIs, shaders and graphics hardware acceleration
- Concurrent programming knowledge
- Familiarity with 3D scene description standards and compression techniques
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms applied to 3D content, computer vision, neural rendering and surface reconstruction
- Experience working with Unity, Unreal, and DCCs (Maya) in a production environment
- Experience with rigged character systems, mesh/gpu skinning
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $135,000.00 to $185,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, monthly mental health days and paid company holidays; in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.