Machine Learning Engineer - Graphics & Computer Vision
Los Angeles, CA, USA · San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Genies is culture’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar experiences. To-date, Genies has been widely adopted by cultural tastemakers and has partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their rosters’ “official avatar.” Genies has recently launched its consumer arm via its AR Developer Kit which allows developers to create interoperable avatar experiences for mobile and hardware AR. Their first avatar experience, Silver Studio, allows users to design and exchange digital fashion. Genies has raised $250M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Bob Iger valuing the company at $1 billion.
Genies is seeking experienced mid-level and senior Machine Learning Engineers to join our growing team and contribute to our R&D initiatives. In this role, you will be instrumental in designing, developing, and deploying machine learning models that produce high-quality, dynamic content for our digital avatars. Collaborating closely with our content and creative teams, you will incorporate AI and machine learning capabilities into our creator tools and product offerings. This opportunity not only allows you to join a dynamic startup at the forefront of a new industry and emerging technologies, but also to become one of the pioneering engineers shaping the future of consumer self-expression and creativity. We believe that the future of consumer social experiences will be consumer, creator and developer driven, and we are looking for a thought partner who can assist us in accomplishing our vision of transforming digital identity, representation, and social experiences.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with R&D and Application teams to integrate AI/ML/CV solutions into our avatar creation ecosystem.
- Develop AI/ML-powered tools for content creation in partnership with Product and Creative teams.
- Design, train, deploy, optimize, and fine-tune ML models and technical frameworks.
- Apply practical expertise in implementing white paper concepts to develop user-facing creative technologies.
- Stay up-to-date with AIGC innovation advancements and advise on technical integration strategies.
- Manage ML framework resources and infrastructure, including dataset sizes, client/cloud computing options, and model training and deployment techniques.
- Utilize a strong understanding of computer graphics pipelines, computational geometry, and 3D principles to synthesize meshes, images, and motion.
- Communicate technical decisions and project updates to stakeholders such as engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Guide and mentor engineering team members to enhance performance and productivity.
What You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, or a related field with a strong emphasis on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in machine learning engineering within a production environment.
- Proficiency in Python programming and extensive experience with ML libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn).
- Broad knowledge of AIGC systems, innovations, resources, and AI-generated content methods.
- Experience with AI-driven content creation, such as pose estimation, 3D model generation, and/or avatar behavioral systems.
- Excellent teamwork skills; ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
- Background in computer graphics, computational geometry, and 3D principles is a plus.
How Genies will support you
Genies is a well-funded, growing start-up that cares deeply about each of our employees' growth and success. Our roles and their responsibilities are created with a breadth of scope that introduces each employee to exciting new challenges and opportunities that a growing start-up encounters. The actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including: professional background, training, transferable skills, work experience, education, location, business and product needs, and market demand. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Full-time employees may also be eligible for equity compensation, in addition to a robust health, wellness, and benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $175,000 to $260,000.00 USD
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
- Choice of MacBook or windows laptop
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
See more open positions at Genies
Something looks off?