Product Designer (UK)
Position: Product Designer
Location: Norwich, UK or Remote (Based in the UK)
Employment type: FTE
NerdWallet aims to make personal finance refreshingly simple, helpful, and human. Our consumers struggle to find clarity when deciding on a course of action for their financial decisions. Our goal is to provide as much unbiased insight as possible, through simple and elegant product design. To do this, we’re seeking a Product Designer to join our International Team. Reporting into the International Product Engineering team, you’ll utilize your design capabilities to support the International Team’s mission of growth in new markets & align our platform to the NerdWallet brand & design guidelines.
You’re passionate about helping users locate the info they need by finding strategic ways to connect relevant editorial content and product experiences. Working collaboratively and iteratively you deliver tactical solutions that can scale to accommodate important use cases. You’re very comfortable working with cross-functional partners throughout the design process from design exploration to stakeholder feedback and engineering implementation.
In this role you will report to the Head of Development.
If you were here 12 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Launching multiple new product channels
- Delivering a new Mortgage experience for NerdWallet Canada & UK
- Launching a new Business Loans Marketplace experience for NerdWallet UK
- Mobile first design optimisation for landing pages following the introduction of an explicit cookie consent banner
Where you can make an impact:
- Bring NerdWallet’s purpose to life through strong design & systems thinking, moving seamlessly between strategy and tactics
- Work closely with our Product Design peers in the NerdWallet U.S. teams to bring current design strategies and brand guidelines into the International Team
- Participate in and lead healthy cross-functional collaboration within an iterative design and development model (working with engineering, SEO/organic growth & commercial team members)
- Be Nerdy! Join a team of committed Nerds who are energized by the desire to empower people and change the way they think about their finances
- A strong design & systems thinker: You design with the big picture in mind, so your solutions can be re-utilized and expanded upon for additional use cases
- Comfortable working iteratively: You know how to scope design so your small, cross-functional team can deliver impact on schedule
- An experienced Product Designer: you have a broad understanding of the craft and deep expertise in interaction design, visual design, or both
- An enthusiastic collaborator: you know how to build cross-disciplinary support in order to achieve exceptional experiences
- Data-driven: You leverage qualitative and quantitative insights to inform and explain your decisions
- Perpetually curious: You’re passionate about new technologies, industry trends and relevant artifacts
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Product Design or a related field
- Previous experience contributing to design system component libraries and style guide documentation
- Working knowledge of Google Mobile first indexing, Core Web Vitals and EAT framework
- Experience designing across platforms (mainly mobile web & desktop)
- Ability to utilize research and data to drive design decisions
- Comfortable using Figma (or similar design program) as a primary design and prototyping tool
- This role will be based in Norwich, UK or remote (based in the UK)
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family
What we offer:
- Generous Pension: NerdWallet offers up to 6% matched pension contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO): You will be granted twenty-five (25) days of paid time off, not including public holidays
- Wellness stipend: NerdWallet gives every employee a monthly wellness stipend. It is yours to use however you’d like
- Career enrichment stipend: We value a growth mindset, and we never stop learning Each year, you will have funds to help you grow professionally in your role at NerdWallet
- Mental health support: We take mental health seriously. To offer you mental health support, NerdWallet partners with Ginger, a chat-based mental health app. You are able to use Ginger anytime, any place
- Legal support: NerdWallet offers access to online legal support through Rocket Lawyer
- Wifi stipend: NerdWallet gives every remote employee a monthly Wifi stipend
NerdWallet is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic: age; gender reassignment; being married or in a civil partnership; being pregnant or on maternity leave; disability; race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sex; or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.