Content Management Specialist (Contract)
NerdWallet, a website and mobile app delivering industry-leading financial guidance, tools and independent reviews, is seeking candidates with strong writing and editing skills for a Contract position as a Content Management Specialist (CMS).
The CMS will work on projects that help maintain and optimize a large library of consumer-focused personal finance articles. You will use your skills to update and improve NerdWallet pages, sometimes working with teammates and sometimes independently, with the goal of ensuring the internet’s best answers for the topics we cover.
This is part-time contract work. The estimated schedule for the engagement would be an average of 20 hours per week from August 2023 - December, 2023, with the possibility of extending into 2024.
Where you can make an impact:
- Editing new and optimized articles - with the opportunity to also optimize and write articles.
- Fact-checking content and industry data to ensure consumers are getting the latest information.
- Enhancing the website through internal linking and other types of search engine optimizations.
- Excellent at prioritization and handling multiple projects at once.
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can take on anything from story updates to projects with minimal direction, and you consistently deliver polished work.
- Someone with strong attention to detail. This could be a good role for a writer with editing experience.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
- Journalism or related degree or equivalent professional experience
- A strong grasp of SEO standard processes
- 2+ years of consumer-focused writing and/or editing with published work
- Personal finance expertise, particularly with consumer banking
Pay Transparency & Contract Details:
- The pay range for this role is $30-45/hour
- This is a W2 contract role
- The estimated schedule for the engagement would be an average of 20 hours per week from August 2023 - December, 2023
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.