Full Stack Engineer II
Do you want to be a part of a high-impact team on the largest revenue-generating vertical at NerdWallet? The Credit Card Shopping engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer II to join as an individual contributor. On this experiment-driven team, you will work closely with the other dedicated engineers to create best-in-class user experiences designed to help our users discover the right financial solution in our mission; to provide clarity for all of life’s financial decisions.
The Credit Card Shopping Engineering team is obsessed with delivering the highest quality product possible. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your skills as a software engineer and to see the true impact that you can have on the NerdWallet business.
Over the next 6 months, here are some things you might work on:
- Working with the team to build and migrate our “best of” credit card pages to our new React / NextJS platform.
- Build experiments from ideas from either our business or even ideas of your own, to determine what user experience proves to be the most engaging for our customers.
- Join in on high-level architectural discussions as our team ideates and lays down the foundation of our long-term Credit Card Shopping web solution.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years ReactJS
- 2+ years TypeScript
- 2+ years NodeJS
- 2+ years unit testing (React Testing Library, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine etc)
- 1 year GraphQL
- 1 year NextJS
- 3+ years in a professional software engineer position
- 2+ years working on a public facing website (Should understand: SEO, ADA, responsive, etc)
- Familiarity with SQL
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $127,000-$207,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Something looks off?