Store Manager (Retail & Cafe)
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, April 1, 2022
Hey there, welcome to Foxtrot.
We’re the digitally-native evolution of the corner store—the one-stop-shop for those seeking thoughtful food experiences that are a reflection of themselves and their city. We offer a handpicked curation of daily essentials in-store and delivered in as little as 30 minutes, via our app and website.
Alongside our investors like Almanac Insights, Momofuku founder David Chang, Sweetgreen co-founder/co-chief executive officer Nicolas Jammet, and most recently D1 Capital Partners, we’re building an omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our storefronts offer the most-loved aspects of the neighborhood: beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of locally-sourced coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax in, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day. And all in a space that joins mindful people, brands, and goods to create a community of discovery and joy. And our swift app and online store further highlight the Foxtrot experience, delivering a new kind of convenience that brings the store straight to your door.
Since launching in 2013, we now operate in Chicago, DC, Dallas, and Austin, rapidly scaling nationwide.
About the Role
The Store Manager will lead a dynamic team, ensuring excellent service and welcoming hospitality to guests of our cafe & retail market, and ensure smooth and efficient operations of online delivery orders originating from our app and website.
- Hospitality & Service. Ensure an atmosphere of welcoming hospitality and top notch service to all guests and team members.
- Team Leadership & Management. Hire, train, coach, develop and promote store team members, fostering a growth mindset. Manage labor spend through effective scheduling and team allocation. Build a positive and engaging workplace, where each team member feels welcomed and respected.
- Operational Management. Oversee and ensure optimal operations & execution in-store and online delivery service. Proactively initiate operational improvements across the store. Build a productive relationship between the store team and our delivery partners. Manage facilities maintenance and upkeep. Deliver effective training for new initiatives and operational roll-outs.
- Product Ordering, and Merchandising. Manage product ordering in partnership with our Hub merchandising team. Ensure product displays are properly merchandised, labeled, and rotated based on sales & newness. Oversee maintenance of store’s non-merchandise and packaging.
- Inventory Management. Conduct regular inventory counts. Institute and manage inventory best practices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hospitality- and people-first mindset.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to connect with all levels of the organization.
- Passion, knowledge and excitement for high-quality & trending goods, especially in food and beverage.
- Able to work independently and within a cohort of other Store Managers to implement best practices across the Company.
- Able to be physically present in-store, walking, standing, lifting and bending.
- Reliable and dependable.
- 4+ years of previous retail, café and/or restaurant managerial experience is required.
- Must be 18+ to handle alcohol transactions.
And we couldn't round this out without mentioning some of the perks of working here, right?
Medical, Dental & Vision.
Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
401(k) Plan with an Annual Company Match.
PTO plan plus holiday calendar
Paid Sick Leave.
20% Employee Discount on All Foxtrot Purchases.
40% discount on all cafe & prepared foods.
Two (2) cafe drinks at no cost (even the fancy ones) per shift.
All Store Managers & Assistant Store Managers receive a monthly store credit of $50.
Employee Assistance Programs.
Merit Increases & Incentive Pay Programs.
Growth & Advancement Opportunities.
Foxtrot Swag, Fun Product Sampling, Giveaways and more!
Referral bonus program
* program & eligibility rules do apply
Foxtrot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
Foxtrot provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Foxtrot participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.
See more open positions at Foxtrot
Something looks off?