Social Media Associate
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Food52 is an award-winning brand in the kitchen and home space, using an innovative commerce, content and community business model to reach over 24 million homecooks and homebodies, and was recently named No. 28 on Fast Company’s list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2022. We’re passionate about giving our deeply-engaged audience everything they need to enjoy life’s most important pleasures – food, home & connection to others.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we remain focused and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as the center of our hiring process and our company culture. We're committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of underrepresented communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read more about our support, and link to our progress, in our DEI Vision Statement.
About the Role
We are looking for a Social Media Associate to join us at Food52. The ideal applicant will have a background in and passion for the food, home, and drink media industries and a strong knowledge of major social media platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and TikTok. This role will be responsible for posting on our social channels, engaging with our community of food, home, and drink enthusiasts, and analyzing social media performance metrics. Contributing to special projects like promoting editorial tentpoles, highlighting key product launches, and occasionally creating short form video content will also be functions of this role. This successful candidate will report to our Manager, Social Media.
- Work collaboratively with the full Social Media team to execute (post/schedule) content calendar on the @food52, @drinks52 and @home52 accounts, writing social copy, and managing postings.
- Concept, plan and execute strategies for Food52, Home52, and Drinks52 on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube Shorts, and Instagram Stories, focused on driving engagement with our community and traffic to our website.
- Manage content calendar, content creation, and brand partnership execution on social.
- Consider new products and key stories when planning content and strategize on the best way to drive sales.
- Identify best practices and ideate ways to bring Food52’s brand voice to life on the channels you oversee (Food52 IG Stories, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, YouTube).
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms and come prepared with new, innovative ideas to reach and interact with our followers.
- Analyze social media performance, building and updating weekly/monthly reports to share with the broader team.
- Assist with product fulfillment and coordination of influencer and partnership projects.
- Not a requirement, but being comfortable creating high-quality content on your own (videos, designed elements, etc.) is a plus.
- 2-4 years of social media experience in digital media, e-commerce, or at an agency, with clearly demonstrable examples of success on platforms like TikTok and Pinterest
- A deep passion for social media, food, home design, and drinks
- Keen awareness of the intricacies of social media platforms and what makes them tick
- Excitement about working in a scrappy culture and managing shifting priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Knowledge of social media platforms like Dash Hudson, Shareablee, and Crowdtangle
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Figma, Canva, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
For residents of CT, NJ or NY the compensation range for this role is $65,000 Factors used to determine the salary range for a given position may impact what salary within the stated range may be offered to any particular candidate (e.g., years of experience, level of education obtained, etc.). Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision options (some at no cost to you!)
- Flexible spending accounts (health & dependent care)
- Short and long term disability, life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid holidays, unlimited vacation, company-wide week off (Winter Week)
- Flexible hours and working arrangements
- Exclusive access and employee discounts to our Food52 and Schoolhouse shop products!
Currently, Food52 does not provide Visa sponsorship. All applicants must be able to provide legal proof of their eligibility to work in the U.S.
Food52 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Food52 will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
See more open positions at Food52
Something looks off?