New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Food52 is an award-winning brand in the kitchen and home space, using an innovative commerce, content and community business model to reach over 24 million homecooks and homebodies, and was recently named No. 28 on Fast Company’s list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2022. We’re passionate about giving our deeply-engaged audience everything they need to enjoy life’s most important pleasures – food, home & connection to others.
As part of an ongoing initiative, we remain focused and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as the center of our hiring process and our company culture. We're committed to building a community that values and honors the contributions of underrepresented communities to our shared culinary experience—starting with the Food52 family. You can read more about our support, and link to our progress, in our DEI Vision Statement.
The Merchandise Coordinator supports the Food52 mission with strategic thinking, action and outcomes. This person will focus on supporting new business strategies and developing product assortment and product lines that are customer focused, brand aligned, unique, and based on actionable insights, analyses and recommendations that inform day to day business and long-term strategy & vision. The primary responsibilities of the Merchandise Coordinator is to assist in planning successful new product assortments, support the cross-functional preparation for new product introduction, and manage existing assortments to ensure product meets or exceeds pre-determined gross margin targets and other merchandising and business goals. The Merchandise Coordinator will work towards achieving financial goals, developing seasonal plans and driving new business strategies, as well as developing and maintaining partnerships with internal and external customers.This position will work closely with Product Design and Development, and cross-functional partners including Marketing, Merchandising/Web, CID, Planning/Purchasing, Reporting/IT, Sourcing, Accounting and Sales. This person must develop a keen understanding of the Food52 merchandising point-of-view.
Product Data Maintenance
- Responsible for the management and tracking and organization of samples
- Supports the Merchant team in the creation and maintenance of styles for the assortment
- Maintain reports and tools as needed by the merchant teamServe as a conduit for information, materials, and samples to cross-functional teams
- Ensures data-entry integrity and maintenance of new and existing product
- Propose product changes including, name, status, data, price and web changes to improve and maintain data integrity.
- Coordinate the monthly product change list process with inputs from all cross-functional teams
- Maintain existing product assortment for all categories by assisting in a regular schedule of category reviews focused on sales analysis, target margins, retail pricing structure, product mix and turn strategy.
- Update and maintain the Assortment Plan for current and future launch seasons.
- Gathers, distills, analyzes and presents cross-functional inputs and external frontline, targeted and strategic inputs to inform potential products and assortment plans.
- Presents key insights with relevant and actionable product strategies.
- Facilitate new product assortment planning and approvals process.
- Create and distribute assortment documentation to internal partners at regular intervals.
- Research sales performance, margin and product mix to recommend product turnover and new development.
- Analyze and track promotional salesIdentify and evaluate business cases for new product opportunities.
Product Costing and Profitability
- Recommends targets for product pricing for new products by utilizing market research and analyzing sales figures to determine and advocate for a meaningful pricing structure, while also hitting margin goals.
- Manage SKU lists for promos and markdowns as needed, and share with cross-functional partners.
- Quantify business opportunities that support the overall assortment strategic plan.
Market Research and Competitive Knowledge/Analysis
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative consumer research to gain an in-depth understanding of specific customer groups and anticipate future trends.
- Conduct analysis of competitive markets, customer profiles and product metrics to help steer conversations about effective use of product development resources.
- Conducts research by shopping competition and analyzing price/quality/value relationship.
- Complete competitive analysis report by segment once per quarter.
- Sales Steering Strategy: Work closely with the Marketing team to monitor the current active assortment and implement strategies for multi-channel merchandising /marketing efforts that support business goals.
- Process Improvement: Develop and actively seek to improve tools and processes to drive efficient and successful cross-functional hand-offs and timelines. Represent Product Team in conversations focused on execution, process, communication and timelines.
- Special projects as assigned.
Teamwork –Embodies the qualities and values of trustworthiness, respect and accountability, setting an example for everyone. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Communication –Practices timely, proactive and respectful communication with everyone.
Change Management –Demonstrates a willingness to meet and adapt positively to the unexpected and changing needs of a dynamic, growing company.
Judgment-Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in the decision-making process. Make timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing -Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently, developing realistic action plans.
Technical Skills -Assesses own strengths and weaknesses and strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share expertise with others.
Quality Management -Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and exceptional customer experiences.
Innovation -Continually reviews systems, suggesting ways and tools to improve.
Self-Review –Is committed to continual improvement
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Merchandising, Marketing) preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a relevant product management related role.
- Experience with lighting, furniture, bedding, tabletop and general home accessories category management preferred
- A passion for home furnishings and design.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Strong initiative. Diligent, proactive, and results driven.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical skills and ability to conduct analysis, problem solve and make decisions.
- Confident using Microsoft Office Suite
- Office environment with frequent computer usage
- Ability to travel
Food52 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of one's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Food52 will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
See more open positions at Food52
Something looks off?