Speech-Language Pathologist PRN (WFH/Remote)-Virginia
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2023
Expressable is a virtual speech therapy practice committed to expanding access to critical services for the 40M people in the United States with a communication disorder. In response to a strong body of research proving that parent interventions are the most effective way to improve pediatric outcomes, Expressable has pioneered a technology-enabled care model focused on helping parents integrate speech therapy techniques into their child’s daily lives.
Will you join us?
We are committed to offering speech-language pathologists an unmatched working experience. If you have a flexible, growth-oriented mindset, are committed to clinical excellence, and truly want to improve access to speech therapy, join Expressable’s exciting community of industry-leading professionals today!
Our Current Needs:
-PRN or as-needed SLPs licensed in Virginia to conduct sessions and evaluations (must have Virginia license to apply)
-Availability to conduct a minimum of 7.5 hours of direct treatment (session and evaluations) to a maximum of 15 hours weekly.
-Schedules structured in shifts in the afterschool, afternoon, and evening hours (options of 1, 2, 3, or 3.5 hour shifts)
-Shift Example: Monday-Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm OR Monday-Friday 5:00pm-8:00pm
A Day in the Life of an Expressable SLP
- Conduct and provide speech therapy sessions and evaluations with a variety of populations across the lifespan (both pediatrics and adults).
- Diagnose, treat, and develop care plans for clients, with the support of Expressable tools and resources, with a focus on client outcomes/retention through graduation, client/caregiver buy-in, and education.
- Consistent focus on growth and development to broaden scope of practice using Expressable resources and support. Timely completion of Expressable training, learning, and development modules.
- Timely and appropriate completion of clinical responsibilities such as documentation, client communication, and calendar management.
- May absorb cases on a temporary basis to support leaves of absence, extended PTO, etc.
What We Look for in an Expressable SLP
- Minimum of 2 years of Post-Clinical Fellowship experience
- Experience in pediatric and/or school-based settings as well as experience in conducting pediatric assessments
- Ability to treat pediatric clinical areas such as Pediatric Articulation/Phonology, Pediatric Receptive/Expressive Disorder, Early Language, Pediatric Fluency, Pediatric Pragmatics, and Autism Spectrum Disorder required
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in different forms of technology
- Individual NPI number
- Reliable internet connection
Strongly Preferred Qualities
- Experience working in both pediatric and adult settings; experience in conducting assessments for both pediatrics and adults
- Ability to treat the pediatric clinical areas and adult clinical areas such as Adult Articulation, Adult Fluency, Adult Language, Adult Pragmatics, Dysarthria, Aphasia, TBI, Executive Functioning, Acquired Apraxia, and Public/Professional Speaking
- Previous teletherapy experience
- Previous experience working as a PRN SLP
- Full licensure in additional US states
- Ability to practice bilingually in Spanish or other languages
What Makes Expressable a Great Place to Work as an SLP
- Competitive wages (W2 employment)
- Flexibility to select shifts that work best for you; competitive shift-differential opportunity for hours worked in high-demand times (after 5pm in your time zone or on the weekends)
- Use custom-built technology (by Expressable, for Expressable!) that streamlines administrative burdens that allows you to focus on what matters most: therapy!
- Join an active and supportive community of therapists and grow your practice and skillset through clinically-focused monthly grand rounds, ASHA-approved in-house CEUs, and clinical Subject Matter Expert Groups
Benefits and Perks
- 401k matching to ensure our staff have what they need to enjoy their retirement
- Company Provided Hardware
- Employee-Led Culture Committees
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all person hired to work in the United States. Expressable participates in E-Verify.