Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Our Story + What Makes Us Special
Everytable was founded on the belief that healthy food is a human right and shouldn’t be a luxury product. Everytable is a purpose-driven public benefit company; working with us is a unique opportunity to be a part of making history by redefining and transforming the food system. We’re passionate about making a positive impact in the communities we serve through affordable food access, as well as economic empowerment and environmental wellbeing.
We are an inclusive and diverse team of mission-driven individuals fighting for food justice - where every community, every person and every table has access to fresh, nutritious, affordable, and culturally appropriate food. We’re looking for team members who aren’t afraid to shake things up and speak up for what they believe in. At Everytable, our team members are unique, outspoken, and have a sincere desire to make a world a more equitable place. If you are fiercely dedicated to social justice and inclusion and have a conscious leadership mindset, Everytable might be the place for you.
Why You’ll Love This Role
We’re seeking a talented and experienced Art Director to join our creative team. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative and collaborative individual with a strong sense of design, who can bring marketing briefs to life through unique and innovative visual concepts. As our Art Director, you will be responsible for managing the visual direction of our brand across all mediums, including photography, illustration, video, digital design, and environmental design. In addition to your ability to visually communicate to customers you are highly skilled at translating marketing briefs into attention getting concepts that resonate with customers, users and followers.
Your Impact on the Mission
- Develop and execute creative concepts that effectively communicate our brand message and engage our target audience across all visual mediums.
- Translate marketing briefs into attention-getting communications that align with our brand strategy and objectives.
- Work with copywriters to ensure art and copy work together to communicate the concepts.
- Manage the creation and production of all visual assets, ensuring high-quality design and consistency across all touchpoints, including menus, signage, advertising, and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director, Marketing team, and other key stakeholders to develop and present creative concepts that align with our brand strategy and objectives.
- Provide creative direction and guidance to a team of designers, visual artists and developers to ensure the successful execution of visual concepts.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in design, technology, and marketing to ensure our brand remains relevant and competitive.
Our Guiding Values
Hungry To Change the World - We are driven to create a world-changing social enterprise, and to pursue our mission for a more just and healthy world. We are not satisfied with “business as usual,” and are willing to take chances to create a new paradigm of business.
Purpose and Pride in Service - We care deeply about all our customers across all channels and take care to understand and anticipate their needs. We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers as well as those we serve internally, our coworkers, offering hospitality and delicious food everywhere we go.
Elevate Everyday - Each of us is responsible for coming to the table with solutions, which requires us to be honest and speak up about ways we can be better. In everything we do, we get better every day by taking small and large steps to continuously improve.
Lead with Humility - Each of us leads in our own job and in our own way. We believe leadership requires listening, understanding, and putting yourself in others' shoes before taking action.
Solve For All - We are a people centered organization focused on finding the solution that benefits our customers, our employees, and our company. Because we all win when we win together.
Welcome Everyone to the Table - We are a stronger, more innovative company because of our diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. All our voices are needed to be the best we can be
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a creative role, with a focus on concepting, art direction, and design.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a track record of developing creative concepts that have elevated brands across multiple visual mediums.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with the ability to articulate ideas and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Miro, Canva, with experience in digital design, photography, and video production.
- Familiarity with UX/UI design and web development is a plus.
- Passionate about food, hospitality, and the restaurant industry.
If you are a highly creative individual with a passion for design and the ability to bring marketing briefs to life through unique and innovative visual concepts, we would love to hear from you.
Perks + Benefits All Team Members of Everytable Enjoy:
Health + Wellbeing
- Free delicious Everytable meals during your shift
- 20% off all meals + delivery subscription service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-Sponsored Best in Class Benefits ** (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance) *
- 401(k) program *
- Paid Parental Leave *
- Fitness/Wellness Program *
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness/Hospital Indemnity Insurance*
- Dependent FSA *
- Transit + Parking Benefits *
- Pet Insurance *
Growth + Development
- Culture of feedback and coaching (bi-annual performance appraisals)
- Social Equity Franchise Program – a unique opportunity to own your own Everytable retail storefront after training in Everytable University!
Flexibility + Community Outreach
- Pay it Forward Program
- Flexible working environment (depending on role requirements)
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday time
* Must meet eligibility requirements upon open enrollment
** Select plans are free of charge to employee and 100% company-sponsored
Everytable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply. Everytable is a Fair Chance employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records for employment.
In accordance with Everytable’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known health and safety hazards, the Company has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health of its employees and its customers. As such, the Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire. For the purposes of this policy, “fully vaccinated” shall mean two weeks have passed since: (i) applicant obtained their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or (ii) applicant has obtained a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants shall submit proof of vaccination either with their application or as part of their onboarding process. In the event that an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, the Company will provide an accommodation to the extent it can, if the applicant is hired.