Product Development Manager (Wovens)
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Product Development team is passionate about products with an obsessive eye for detail. We are looking for a Product Development Manager for Woven apparel with excellent communication and problem solving skills to run every step of the process from product development through to a production-ready pass off to our sourcing team. In this role you will partner cross-functionally with Design, Raw Materials, Merchandising, Planning, Technical Design, Sourcing, and Quality teams to build best-in-class products. You will manage 2-3 quarters at a time during different stages of development and lead the team through the product life cycle calendar.
This position will report directly to our Director of Product Development.
- Partner cross-functionally in the development process with Design, Technical Design, Raw Materials & Merchandising focusing on building the best product while keeping quality, innovation, sustainability and cost top of mind
- Ensure our product is developed on time and to design intent, while offering options and creative solutions around construction, finishes, and costing
- Partner with external suppliers via email and phone calls building a strong relationship needed to create great products
- Own initial costing, time and action calendars, while maintaining multiple connected internal tools to facilitate cross functional communication & transparency
- Manage the seasonal development milestones, including long lead-time calendars and offering creative solutions to development constraints
- Manage and track style development ratio, ensuring business needs are met while maintaining balance of workload
- Own tailoring sample & mock up requests that supports vetting new material options in partnership with our raw materials and quality teams
- Own the final BOMs within our PLM system
- Manage lab dip approvals, trim approvals, sample yardage tracking throughout the development process
- Partner with Raw Materials and Sourcing to ensure proper factory and mill allocation
- Partner with Raw Materials to ensure sustainability and cost targets are met
- Conduct a complete production ready hand-off to Sourcing partners
- Coach and mentor team members by leading through influence.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of product development experience in woven. Denim experience is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with many cross functional teams
- Passionate about product with an attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial & resourceful approach to create and implement process improvements
- In-depth cost negotiations and time management skills
- Intermediate knowledge of software/systems - PLM, Google sheets, Airtable
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and are comfortable with change
- Robust communication skills both internally and externally
- Organizational skills, are timely and hold yourself to a high level of accuracy
- Ideally well versed in wet and dry processing
- Ability to travel overseas and work with diverse cultures
The Fine Print:
At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is $89,000-$131,000. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.