Senior Apparel Designer
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high-quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
At Everlane we are product leaders. We are building a first-class design team, and we are currently looking to fill a Senior Designer level position that will focus on designing and developing great products for Women’s and Men’s Everlane customers.
We are looking for a Senior Designer with experience in partnering closely with the development team and the tech/fit team, capable of participating in fitting sessions with clear fit comments and open for discussion with the Merchandising partners. This role will report to the Senior Design Manager of Women’s and Men’s wovens.
- Conduct seasonal research for shapes and relevant input for the Design team ideation sessions
- Create and develop the seasonal fabric manipulation swatches by working closely with the product development team
- Create and develop Designs from initial idea through to final fit sign-off
- Create seasonal mood boards to support design direction
- Capable of clear and concise communication during presentations
- Strong presentation skills for discussing ideas and designs
- Support the design team with ideas and research across all categories
- Communicate and collaborate with Raw Materials, Tech teams, and Production teams to ensure optimal product development
- Collaborate with Merchandising partners to build a seasonal knowledge of strong successful and ownable Everlane designs and apply this knowledge when designing future products to drive the business forward
- When required, assist on Design trips such as factory visits, fabric fairs, and research trips.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion or closely related design field
- Great taste and a strong understanding of casual chic
- The desire to work on a collaborative and diverse team that is dedicated to doing good for the planet and the consumer
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a solution-oriented approach to challenges
If you are a California resident, this is for you: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is: $84,000 - $131,000. This range is based on the San Francisco geographic area and the actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.