Senior Technical Designer
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high-quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
Everlane’s Technical Design Team is a group of creative problem solvers with an eye for building beautiful products. The Technical Design team leverages our technical knowledge, 3D and 2D pattern software, and data to deliver on exceptional fitting products. In addition to fit, the Technical Design Team is also responsible for providing consistent fit across the entire size range and providing innovative and optimal construction recommendations.
Teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit is essential to this role. The Senior Technical Designer will partner with the Production, Design, Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Raw Materials, and our global factory network to make every single piece special. You will be responsible for managing the fit, sizing, and construction of the women’s denim and performance categories as well as building standards and driving results. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Technical Design.
- Manage the men’s and women’s denim categories while overseeing the sample development process from technical package creation through to production approval
- Adhere to a fast-paced product development calendar while working across multiple seasons at any given time
- Develop technical packages based on sketches from designers while maintaining fit and construction standards
- Measure all samples to ensure correct construction and accurate spec measurements
- Plan and lead all fit sessions and product presentations; including facilitating Design, Merchandising, Quality Assurance, and Production team’s feedback and any follow-up steps
- Leverage advanced technical knowledge to provide clear and organized fit comments to both domestic and overseas factory partners
- Troubleshoot fit and construction challenges in partnership with the Everlane product team and global factory network and create an action plan to achieve desired results
- Analyze customer comments and returns feedback and make recommendations for continual product improvements as well as leverage data to create fit and construction standards for the women’s denim and performance categories
- Mentor other members of the technical design team and provide process improvement suggestions as opportunities arise
- Cast and schedule fit models as needed
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of technical design experience
- Experience and skill in pattern-making
- Thorough understanding of garment construction for denim and performance categories
- Experience working with overseas and domestic vendors
- Fast-paced working style, highly organized, clear communication, strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Adobe CS Illustrator, Photoshop, and Excel
- Passion for or skill in 3D fitting software such as CLO3D
The Fine Print:
California Resident: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The compensation range for this role is $35.50 - $50.50 per hour. This range is based on the San Francisco geographic area and the actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.