Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high-quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team is a growing function at Everlane. We are responsible for the budgeting, forecasting, and analytical processes that support our company’s strategies and drive for profitability. We have the unique advantage of being able to work across all departments, allowing for cross-functional collaboration and the ability to impact performance across multiple areas of the business.
We are seeking a highly self-motivated candidate, a quick learner who can manage, prioritize, and adapt in an evolving fast-paced work environment. This role will help us to understand our business in the present and support our growth for the future. You will be responsible for building financial models, reporting, and implementing processes and tools to support a wide range of financial planning and analysis. You will play a critical role in budgeting and forecasting for the current and future years for all our channels, developing analytical insights, and evaluating investment decisions. In this role, you will be managing the three-statement model, developing board and investor reporting, and implementing and revising processes to support our overall planning processes. A successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills, a well-rounded understanding of financial statements, and an ability to solve business problems.
This is a full-time role based in our San Francisco office located in the Mission neighborhood. We have a hybrid work schedule and come in two days a week. This person will report to our Director of Finance.
- Co-lead the monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles for financial forecasting and reporting, including analyses and management reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Prepare business review reporting/presentations, recapping results vs. plan and forecast for revenue, direct costs, and SG&A to Senior Leaders, Board, and Investors
- Support departments across the company to ensure that the financial impact of decisions is considered, leading to proper accounting, tracking, and reporting of the resulting activity
- Analyze financial results, understand key trends, assess current and future business risks and opportunities, communicate insights and actions
- Partner with the Accounting team to support the monthly close process
- Advance our planning processes, tools, and reporting standards and KPI’sWork with Technology, Business Systems, and Digital Marketing teams to validate data feeds, develop new reporting and tools, and enhance existing reporting
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience including forecasting, budgeting, and monthly close activities
- Experience in e-commerce, retail, apparel, or consumer sectors preferred
- Advanced competency in Excel with best-in-class financial modeling skills
- Systems experience with reporting and/or data management tools (Planful, Anaplan, Netsuite, Looker.)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and project management skills, requiring minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with success in partnering and collaborating across functions and all levels of the organization
- Someone who embraces challenges, enjoys solving problems, and is willing to try new things
The Fine Print:
If you are a California resident: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is $89,000 - $131,000. This range is based on the San Francisco geographic area and the actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.